CPS Sketch #153

Thursday, February 18, 2010

We have an ice-maker, and this was our very first batch of ice!

So, this is, definitely, one of the upsides to us having to get a new fridge.  Yipee!  No more filling ice trays.  No more getting after my husband for emptying the last tray and leaving it on the counter, so there isn't any ice for the next person.  No more messy spills in an attempt to carry a stack of filled, ice trays, all at once, from the sink to the freezer.  No more chips of ice being thrown in every direction when emptying the trays into a freezer bin.  No more stepping in melted ice chips that were overlooked or missed in the clean-up.  We have an ice-maker!  Hip, hip, hurray!

Can you imagine how excited I'm going to get over a dishwasher?!

So, I made BJ's Valentine card with last week's Card Positioning Systems' Sketch #153 for inspiration.

It was sponsored by Papertrey Ink, and I, so, wanted in on the prize.  However, I never linked up my card, because I won PTI's Day 8: "Paint" by Number Sketch Challenge and didn't want to hinder anyone else getting a chance at their amazing, countdown-to-release prizes, but here's what I came up with.
I started BJ's card by layering the striped and cloud patterned papers, from Frances Meyer, and machine stitching a red-threaded, straight stitch around their edges.  They were, then, adhered to the square, Real Red, cardstock, card base.  A sheer and red, polka dot ribbon, purchased from the 66% off, Valentine shelves at Joann Fabrics, was wrapped around the card face and tied in a slanted bow to the left of the card face.  I, then, began adding all kinds of white, red, and blue buttons, from Jesse James & Co.'s Grandma's Grab Bag and Paper Studio, to form a heart.  I had to add the blue, fish button, since BJ loves fishing so much.  I just love the way the heart looks as if it's floating in the clouds!  I, then, added my last, red, self-adhesive, metal heart, from Colorbok, to the center of one of the blue buttons and finished by stamping the "BE MINE" sentiment, in Real Red ink, on white cardstock and tucking it under the right side of the bottom, blue button.

I, absolutely, LOVE the way this card turned out, and it was perfect for hand delivery.  Those buttons might've added a little extra postage :).

2 comments

  1. Congrats on the new icemaker (and fridge). I absolutely love this card!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving some love! Please come visit again soon!

God Bless, Jinny