Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fabric Flower Headbands

I promised you all, in my Happy Monday! post, a look at my niece, Madison's, 10th birthday gift, today.  So, without further ado, I had so much fun making her this little bundle of hair accessories.
Let's take a closer look at them one at a time.  Shall we?  I used Dawn's Fabric Flower Tutorial to guide me through this one...
made with scrap fabrics, before hot gluing it on to the headband.  I, then, hot glued a felt circle to the backside of the flower, enclosing the portion of the headband behind the center of the flower and covering up the backside of the stitching.  I, also, hand stitched a running stitch, with embroidery floss, around its edges, to secure it, picking up the underside of the flower as I went.  I wish that I'd taken a picture of this step for you all, because that's how I finished off the backside of all my flower headbands.  It just gives them a nice, clean, finished look.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

For this one...
I used Meg's Fabric Flower Tutorial.  I, however, picked a different fabric for each side of the Steam-A-Seam 2, which I used in place of Wonder Under.  I, also, stitched a little pearl into the centers of each flower, before adhering them to the headband and finishing the backside as described above.
Finally, and I think it might just be my favorite, I created this felt one...
using The Purl Bee's Molly's Sketchbook: Rose Barrettes tutorial.  Obviously, I attached it to a headband instead of a barrette.  I, also, added a couple felt leaves, which I stitched around the edges of with matching, embroidery floss.  The backside of it was finished, again, as described in the first headband.
I really love the way these turned out and have plans to attach a few to stretchy headbands for my baby girl, if I can just find the time :).  Hope you are as inspired by these ladies' creativity as much as I was.  Have a fabulous day!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Sooo pretty!! I love these!! :D I want one!! ;) lol

Dawn said...

Jinny -- these are wonderful! Your color choices are so gorgeous and oh, my! they make the best head accessories!

Dawn said...

I LOVE these and would wear one proudly!! ;o)

magic said...

Love them.

Shauna said...

Those are fabulous! I'd definitely wear them!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS