VSWCMD2 & 4

Friday, October 8, 2010

TGIF!  It has been a long week around our place, and even as I type this, I'm battling a headache and a screeching toddler.  I'm soooo ready for a little rest and relaxation!  I have a couple more Verve World Card Making Day Release Challenges, for you all, today.
I started this card by stamping the damask pattern, in Perfect Plum ink, on white cardstock; distressing its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; adhering it to the Perfect Plum, cardstock, card face; and softening the look, slightly, by overlaying it with a piece of vellum, which was anchored, at all four corners, with antique brads.  I, then, machine stitched two, white-threaded frames around the outside edges of a piece of gray, flourish, patterned paper, before adhering it, inside the brads, to the left side of the card face.
A Plum Pudding, saddle stitch ribbon was, then, wrapped, vertically, down the length of the right side of the gray, flourish, patterned paper and tied in a bow, just above my sentiment frame.
Elise, over at Mamacow Creations, completely, inspired the focal point of this card with her card here.  I knew when I saw her stamp acrylic paint on clear cardstock that I just had to give it a try.  So, I stamped my frame, in Purple Lilac, acrylic paint, on a piece of clear cardstock; sprinkled it with glitter; stamped the "Thinking of You" sentiment, in Jet Black ink, in its center; hand cut it out; backed it with a piece of hand-cut, Basic Gray cardstock; and adhered the completed frame, with dimensionals, below the ribbon bow, just right of horizontal center.
I used Sketch 2 for this take...
and am following it with my take on Sketch 4.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by stamping my design images, in Azurite and Rose Red inks, on white cardstock; distressing its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; machine stitching a black-threaded, straight-stitch frame around its edges; and adhering it to the Rose Red, cardstock, card face.
I, then, trimmed a pieced of rose, patterned paper with a punched strip of Baja Breeze cardstock; machine stitched black-threaded, zig-zag stitches between the two; and adhered the resulting piece, just left of horizontal center, in the vertical center of the card face.  A black, crystal flourish...
and sheer, black ribbon, tied in a dressy bow, give just the right amount of elegance.
Finally, the "SENDING HOLIDAY Cheer" sentiment...
was stamped, in Basic Black ink, on white cardstock; dressed up with a stamped, in Azurite ink, frame; backed with a piece of Basic Black cardstock; and adhered, with dimensionals, over all layers, in the bottom right of the card face.
Keep an eye out for my take on the fifth and final, Verve sketch, later today.  Until then, I hope that you all have an extra special, blessed day!
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Damask Frames & Guiding Light Sentiments (Wplus9) Paper: Perfect Plum & Basic Gray (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); gray, flourish patterned (K&Company); clear (PTI); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Perfect Plum (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: Purple Lilac, acrylic paint (Folk Art); white glitter (Doodlebug Design); Plum Pudding, saddle stitch ribbon (PTI); antique brads (SU); white thread & sewing machine; dimensionals
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Poinsettia Patterns (Wplus9) Paper: Rose Red, Baja Breeze, & Basic Black & rose patterned (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Rose Red & Basic Black (SU); Azurite (Colorbox Chalk); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: black thread & sewing machine; black, crystal flourish (Prima); dimensionals; sheer, black ribbon (Hobby Lobby); edger punch (EK Success)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving some love! Please come visit again soon!

God Bless, Jinny