Monday, January 3, 2011

PDCC62 & MFW: Glitter is Glam

Good morning!  What a whirl of a break it has been!  It went by way too fast!  And this morning, we're back to school and work and laundry and schedules.  I'm feeling a little melancholy, but I've got my sister-in-law's pretty, little, birthday card, for you all, today, to perk things up a bit!
I started, this card, by using my brand spankin' new, BIG SHOT, Christmas gift!  Yihoo!  My hubby's the BEST!!!  I embossed a piece of Regal Rose cardstock; rounded its top right corner; matted it with a piece of Rose Red cardstock, which, also, had its top right corner rounded; and adhered it to the River Rock, cardstock, card face, which had been spritzed with River Rock ink; distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and had a sheer, white ribbon wrapped around it and tied, in a bow, near the right edge of the card face, as well as having its top right corner rounded, too.
I, then, stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment, in River Rock ink, on a punched piece of Whisper White cardstock; distressed it with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and adhered it, over the embossed piece, just below horizontal center and left of vertical center.
The largest flower was stamped in Regal Rose ink, and the smaller flowers were stamped in River Rock and Rose Red inks, respectively.  They were all stamped on Whisper White cardstock, glittered, hand cut out, adhered with dimensionals, and embellished with stamped, in Certainly Celery ink, on Whisper White cardstock, and hand-cut leaves.
A few pearls dress up the bottom corner of the embossed piece and complete the look.
My color inspiration, for this card, came from The Play Date Cafe's gorgeous Challenge #62.  Oh, I cannot wait to be playing along as a DT member!  It's soooo hard to be patient!
I'm, also, turning this card in to the Glitter is Glam Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  Today's the last day.  So, get those entries in, ya'll!  And have a wonderful week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After (Wplus9); Something to Celebrate (SU) Paper: River Rock, Regal Rose, Rose Red, & Whisper White (SU) Ink: River Rock, Regal Rose, Rose Red, & Certainly Celery (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: Regal Flourishes embossing folder & Big Shot (Sizzix); Corner punch & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); sheer, white ribbon (Hobby Lobby); pearls (Paper Studio); dimensionals (Scotch)

12 comments:

Debgem said...

Beautiful!! Love those roses.

Michele Gross said...

Gorgeous Jinny! LOVE the way you used the glitter :) (how much of it are you wearing? hehehe) I'm back to the grind of a routine too...back to the laundry room I go! ;o

Helen F. said...

Beautiful card, Jinny! Love your glittery Big Shot flowers and that shimmery ribbon is perfect!

Winter said...

Happy New Year Jinny! I wanted to invite you to join me for another St. Jude's Valentines Day Card Drive at my blog! I hope you can!
http://winterwonderlandcrafter.blogspot.com/2011/01/cards-for-st-jude.html

Sue Lelli said...

Patience is a virtue but when it comes to cardmaking I'd be chomping at the bit!!! LOL! LOVE the glittery flowers and your husband is the best for buying you a bigshot! LOVE the embossing! FAB card!

Debgem said...

Jinny - thanks for your lovely comment - do drop by again.

Fiona said...

So pretty Jinny :) lucky you getting a big shot - woo hoo! go the crafting hubbies :)

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for entering the Glitter is Glam challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

Laurie said...

So pretty! I love the sparkle!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Jinny, this is positively uplifting! I love the charm of it.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Love all the glitter--fab job combining challenges:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at the Cafe and for playing along with us at PDCC:}

Hannah said...

I featured your card on the Create: blog! Thank you sharing your card-making talents with us!

http://tinyurl.com/4bdr6jg

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS