Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Embellish Rainbow Color Trends Challenge & MFW: Beautiful Borders

Just popping back in to bring you all a couple of colorful creations.  Enjoy!
I started this card by clear embossing the gingham pattern on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; rubbing, from top to bottom, Barn Door, Wild Honey, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, & Dusty Concord inks over the top of it; framing it with a slightly larger piece of Whisper White cardstock; and machine stitching, with black-threaded, straight stitches, around its edges, before adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
I then stamped the "May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue." sentiment, in Basic Black ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; adhered it near the bottom right corner of the card face; and anchored it, along its right side, with messy, back-and-forth, black-threaded, straight, machine stitches.
The accordion flowers, made to represent the sky and sun, were created from turquoise, stripe, and yellow, patterned papers; adhered near the top left corner of the card face; and embellished with turquoise and yellow buttons, laced with white string.
A punched, from Whisper White cardstock, and glittered cloud completes the look.
My inspiration for this card came from Embellish's Rainbow Color Trends Challenge.
And I was having so much fun playing with rainbows, that I decided to use the same color palette to create a card for the Beautiful Borders Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.
I started this card by stamping the lacy border, in Perfect Plum ink, across the bottom of a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I then stacked, above it, progressively from bottom to top, a blue, scallop die-cut; a punched strip of Tempting Turquoise cardstock; a length of green lace; a yellow, cardstock die-cut; orange, polka dot, die-cut, scallops circles, cut in half; and a red, zig-zag die-cut.
In the open, white space, above the top, red border, I stamped, in Real Red ink, the "Congratulations" sentiment.
Finally, I wrapped a length of Baker's Twine, three times, around the prepped piece, just below the sentiment and tied it, in a bow, just right of vertical center, before adhering it, with foam tape, to the Weave-embossed, Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face...
to complete the look.
That's all, from here, for now, ya'll!  If this is your first stop by my blog today, please be sure to scroll down to my Weekend Snapshots post.  Also, don't forget that you have until the close of today EST to link up your takes on The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #88, and there's just a couple of days left to link up your creations for Wplus9 Design's Color Cue {16}.  Can't wait to see what you all have been up to!  Oh!  And I'm sure, by now, you've all noticed that our Wplus9 July Release has been a bit postponed, but that doesn't mean that it's not completely fab!  It all begins, right here, at 11 pm CST, tomorrow night.  Woohoo!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a terrific Tuesday!
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Guiding Light Sentiments (Wplus9); Gurnsey Gingham (Unity) Paper: Whisper White & Crumb Cake (SU); turquoise stripe (DCWV Nana's Kitchen Stack); yellow (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, & Wild Wasabi (SU); Barn Door, Wild Honey, Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, & Dusty Concord (Ranger) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); buttons (Jesse James & Co. Grandma's Grab Bag); foam tape (Scotch); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); Cloud punch (Fiskars)
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After & Mehndi Medallions (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, & Crumb Cake (SU) Ink: Real Red & Perfect Plum (SU) Other: red zig-zag die-cut (Crate Paper); orange polka dot & blue scallops & Weave Texturz Plate (SU); yellow cardstock die-cut (Bazzill); green lace (American Crafts); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scotch); Baker's Twine (Country Clean Paper Supplies); Bracket punch (Fiskars)

17 comments:

jennyevans said...

These are soo cute and creative!! Great job!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love these, the first one is so clever with the cloud... and what a great use of borders. Come check out my blog- a) using the stamps from you and b) we're having a virtual birthday party.

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my have I missed catching up...love both these so much!

Berenice R. said...

So beautiful cards! :)

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness..I thought I was in love with your first card and then I saw your second! Beautiful Jinny! I love them!

Lindsay said...

OMG! Amazing cards Jinny! Seriously love the way you've incorporated the rainbow, especially the distress inks! Awesome!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I AM IN LOVE with these rainbow goodies! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Amy Kolling said...

That first card is just FANTASTIC Jinny! I'm going to have to try this with my distress inks! I'm loving them so much lately. BTW.....I was so bummed that I didn't have any time to give you a call this weekend. But we are headed your way AGAIN in 2 weeks! I did talk Tim out of a tiny stop at Archivers....hehe. Thanks for the heads up on the water situation this weekend too......kinda hard being so hot at the ballparks without being able to get ice and a cold ICEE!! :)

paperella said...

Holy cow, Jinny! Both cards are stunning! Two winners in my book for sure!

lostinpaper said...

Both your cards are just fabulous! I especially love your subtle rainbow effect on your first card!

Patrice said...

Scrumptious!!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Both are beautiful card, the colors are just so fun and cheery! You've got quite a way with any type of card, shows your true talent!

Wendy said...

Love both of your takes in these challenges. I have only used the Congratulations in black, it looks gorgeous in color too.

Dawn said...

These are AWESOME!!! The first one is going down in by book as one of my all time favorites.

Sarah Martina said...

Ok, Jinny... You cards always make my heart smile. :) These are beyond lovely! So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Trends Challenge! :)

Chris and Paige Evans said...

I love your accordion paper flower Jinny! So bright and happy and fun!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! I guess I'm a little late to see your entry for our Beautiful Borders challenge in the Moxie Fab World, but thanks for playing just the same! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving some love! Please come visit again soon!

God Bless, Jinny

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS