Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Embellish Banners Color Trends Challenge & SSC41

It is such a cold and dreary day in our neck of the woods.  Our weather people are predicting rain for the next three days.  And we need the moisture desperately, but I hate how it makes me just want to crawl back into bed or curl up, on the couch, with a cup of coffee, and watch a Christmas movie.  I've got too much to do to let those feelings take over!  Don't the weather patterns know that Christmas is only twelve days away for goodness sakes?!  I've got my shopping pretty much done, but nothing has yet been wrapped.  I also haven't done any of the baking and still have a decorating project that I wanted to get done this year.  But all that's going on the back burner, while I do the cooking, cleaning, washing, homeschooling, taking care of my kiddos, and completing DT assignments.  So, being the busy body that I am, I'd better stop rambling and share the masculine, card creation, that I have for you all today, so I can get to all that business above :).  Enjoy!
I started this card by trimming the bottom of a piece of ivory, text, patterned paper with a piece of orange, lattice, patterned paper; machine stitching, with brown-threaded, straight stitches, around their edges; and adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.  I then adhered a distressed tag just inside the right edges' stitching and machine stitched, with more, brown-threaded, straight stitches, to anchor a horizontal strip of green, plaid, patterned paper.
A length of brown leather was adhered near the top edge of the horizontal, patterned, paper strip.  I then wrapped a length of hemp twine, three times, around it and tied it, in a double bow, through a plum button, near the right edge of the card face, before adhering a portion of a calendar flashcard, which had its left side corners rounded to match its right, just to that embellished button's left.
The ticket stubs were stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, in a row, along a strip of distressed, with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, Whisper White cardstock; filled in with the stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, outside images and, in Perfect Plum ink, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" sentiment; and adhered, over the calendar flashcard, just below the wrapped twine and slightly overlapping the leather strip.
Finally, I stamped the flags, from left to right, in Garden Green, Perfect Plum, and Really Rust inks, on Whisper White cardstock; hand cut them out; adhered them, with foam tape, draped across the top left corner of the card face; and dressed up their connections with clear gemstones.
Inspiration for this card came from Embellish's Banners Color Trends Challenge...
and Chupa's Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #41.
Before I run do a little grading and get a grocery list cooked up, I'm thrilled to share that this card was featured, at the Lawn Fawn Blog, for Fawny Flickr Friday, nearly ten days ago now.
Also, this creation was listed as a Favorite at Color Throwdown, and this layout received an Honorable Mention over at Papercraft Star, both just this morning.  Thank you, again and again, to all those who made said such possible!  What a privilege it is to get to design, amidst such amazing talent and gorgeous inspiration, on a daily basis!  My cup runneth over!
Thanks so much for looking my way, and have a terrific Tuesday, ya'll!  Oh!  And please remember that you have until the close of the day EST, today, to link up those takes, on Challenge #110, over at The Play Date Cafe!  Can't wait to see what you all have been up to, and hope to see you back here, late tomorrow, for a brand new and truly beautiful splash!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Le Cirque (Wplus9); Friendly Flags (Hero Arts) Paper: Crumb Cake & Whisper White (SU); ivory text (7 Gypsies); green plaid (Nikki Sivils); orange lattice (Sassafras) Ink: Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, Perfect Plum, & Really Rust (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: brown thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Corner punch & plum button (SU); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); calendar flashcard (Pink Paislee); distressed tag (Kraft Outlet); clear gemstones (Paper Studio); foam tape (Scotch); leather strip (BoBunny)

8 comments:

Annette said...

awesome fun card...love all the detail...

Lynn said...

I really appreciate that you always list out how you made your card. I am really bad about doing that and lately don't list ingredients! I'm becoming a very lazy blogger! your card is beautiful. Love the ticket stamps! I keep thinking I need them :) And...why oh why is the weather man not cooperating with us?!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

It's been raining here for 2 days.. which is REALLY odd for Phoenix! I loveeeeeeeeeee this card! LOVING that little calendar and the banner! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I just love your photos of your cards--they are always bright and beautiful (you MUST give me details) and I love how they show so much of your layering and detailed work! BEAUTIFUL card--LOVE the take on these challenges...love that stitching!! Great job--as always!!

Lindsay said...

This card is so lovely Jinny! I adore all of the layers! So fantastic!

Lisa said...

Such a fun card Jinny, love the layers and the sweet little banner!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is so fab! I love all of the yummy layers!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

So much going on on this card, but it's just perfect! You've got a knack for combining patterns and details like no one else!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS