CR84FN49 & PP84

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Good morning!  My kiddos are busy with their morning routines.  So, I thought I'd pop in here to share a little, card creation with you all.
I started this card by machine stitching, with gray-threaded, straight stitches, around the edges of a piece of gray, polka dot, patterned paper, before adhering it to the Barely Banana, cardstock, card face.
I then wrapped the bottom half of the card face, twice, with a length of Basic Gray, taffeta ribbon and tied it, in a bow, near the right edge of the card face.
The banner was created by layering a gray, stripe, patterned paper below a yellow, floral, patterned paper; hand cutting it into the banner shape; machine stitching, with gray-threaded, straight stitches, around its edges; and adhering it, down the center of the card face, flush with the top edge of the card face.  The butterflies were then created from die cut cork and Barely Banana and Going Gray cardstocks, layered one on top of the another.  The bottom and top butterflies also received a clear gemstone center...
and the center butterfly was wrapped, three times, in hemp twine, which was then thread with a vellum, die cut tag, which had been stamped, in Jet Black ink, with the "MY DEAR friend" sentiment, before being tied in a bow, to complete the look.
Inspiration for this card came from Create for Fun's Color Challenge #49...
and The Paper Players' Sketch Challenge #84.
And ya'll, before I run, I'm just thrilled to share a few recognitions.  This card received an Honorable Mention Cup of Tea at The Shabby Tea Room and was named a Top Spool at the Ribbon Carousel...
and this layout made me a ColourQ Courtier.  Thank you so much to all those who made said such possible!  My cup runneth over!
And thanks so much, to you all, for taking the time out of your busy days to stop by my little neck of the woods!  Please don't forget that you have until the close of today EST to link up your takes on The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #120, and have a truly fabulous Tuesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Spring Tags (Wplus9) Paper: Barely Banana & Going Gray (SU); yellow floral & gray stripe (American Crafts); gray polka dot (Fancy Pants); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Jet Black (StazOn) Other: gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); cork (Mega Brands, Inc.); Timeless Tags die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); Beautiful Wings Embosslits & Beautiful Butterflies Bigz dies & Basic Gray taffeta ribbon (SU); clear gemstones (Paper Studio); hemp twine (Creative Impressions)

21 comments

  1. This is beautiful! I love your stacked cork butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your recognitions Jinny!! Love this card too,the cork is so fun! Great take on the colors and sketch. Have a beautiful day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog!
    I was looking around & love your style, so I'm your newest follower. LOVE this particular card. Super interpretation of the sketch & color challenges!
    Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my..I love the color combo, but my favorite is the cork butterflies. They add just the right bit of texture. Lovely Jinny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! I love the colors and the stitching. So lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHHH! I love this card--love the layered butterflies with the cork! And the colors are AMAZING! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE your creations:)

    I'm so sorry I've been MIA! I will be by soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Jinny! Those cork butterflies are awesome! The grey and yellow are a great combination and I always love stitching on cards. :-) Congrats on your awards! WOOHOO! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love love this Jinny! LOVING the colors and LOVEEEEEEE those cork butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Jinny! Lovin' all the butterflies! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic color combination and I love the cork butterflies and the layering you did - just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cork butterflies are so FAB! LOVELY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun creation! I love the colors you chose, and of course, you can never go wrong with butterflies! Thanks so much for using my sketch this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jinny, I don't know what to say! Your creations always inspire me and this is no exception! I love all of the textures and that awesome ribbon treatment. Such a fantastic interpretation of the sketch. Wow! So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players! Have a happy day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jinny, gorgeous card. I love all the texture and the colors and those fabulous butterflies... love it all. So glad you shared it with the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much texture and so many fabulous details...where does a person even begin! This is absolutely fabulous, Jinny! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, that cork is awesome and the ribbon is amazing Jinny. Just love everything about this card! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  17. YES--that cork is fabulous!!! LOVE the textures on this! SO pretty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so sweet,love those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! There are so many fab details in your card. I particularly like the die cut cork butterflies. Great work! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving some love! Please come visit again soon!

God Bless, Jinny