Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Deconstructed Sketch No. 37 & MSSCC11

Good afternoon, ya'll!  We're just hanging out, trying to relax and get back into tip-top shape, as well as anxiously anticipating the bit of snow our weather people are predicting for tonight.  So, I thought that I'd pop in here, real quick, to share a little of what I've been working on.
I started this card by distressing the edges of a piece of Whisper White cardstock with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; stamping it, in Basic Gray ink, with the vintage notepad image; trimming it, across its bottom edge, with a piece of gray, polka dot, patterned paper; and filling the space between the two with a punched strip of Really Rust cardstock.  I then stamped the "My thoughts and prayers are with you." sentiment, in Jet Black ink, on a piece of vellum, which was anchored, just below the punched edge, with yellow-threaded, straight, machine stitches, running around the entire piece's edges, before adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
A length of skinny, yellow ribbon was wrapped, three times, around the card face, just above the vellum, sentiment piece; tied, in a triple bow, near the left edge of the card face; and embellished with an orange button, laced with a hemp twine bow.
The vase and flowers were then stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a Whisper White, cardstock, die cut frame, which had been distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, and colored in using colored pencils and my new Gamsol kit.  I got to play with this stuff, at Archivers, a couple of weeks back and fell in love.  While I'd still love to get my hands on a set of Prismacolor pencils, my Crayola pencils are doing the trick for the time being.  It was then adhered, with foam tape, tucked over the wrapped ribbon and under the stamped, vellum sentiment, before receiving a hint of glitter to complete the look.
Inspiration for this card came from Deconstructing Jen's Deconstructed Sketch No. 37.
and Market Street Stamps' Paint the Town: February Color Challenge.
Speaking of Market Street Stamps, I'll be back, tomorrow night, with the first day of projects, boasting goodies from the brand spankin' new, February, Market Fresh Farmhouse Dreamin' Kit.  Until then, how about a couple of peeks just to keep you guessing?
I'm telling ya'll, it's AMAZING!  Please don't forget that you have until the close of today EST to get in on The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #117.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and be blessed!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Vintage Notepad & Comforting Florals (MSS) Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, & Really Rust (SU); gray polka dot (Fancy Pants); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Basic Gray (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: yellow thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Label Layers 2 die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); Edger punch (EK Success); Gamsol (Inky Antics); colored pencils (Crayola); Dazzling Diamonds & orange button (SU); yellow ribbon (Hobby Lobby); hemp twine (Creative Impressions)

7 comments:

Patrice said...

Beautiful job, and great use of the challenges!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeee this!!! I love love love those flowers and the colors are beautiful!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lisa said...

Wonderful projects Jinny! I had to laugh at your Crayola colored pencils comment! I have a tin full of them that I use too. They're from when my son was little and he's married now~HA!!! Call me sentimental ;)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

vellum, my fav!

Jennifer Shults said...

This is wonderful. I love the way you added the vellum and the gorgeous ribbon treatment! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's sketch!

Stephanie Washburn said...

YAY, JINNY! Thanks so much for playing along with our Paint the Town Challenge this month! I LOVE your use of the colors- SO pretty! And your stitching has me itching to go buy a sewing machine! HAHA! Beautiful card!

Diana Fisher said...

Love the sneaks and such a great card!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving some love! Please come visit again soon!

God Bless, Jinny

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS