Thursday, February 2, 2012

SIT #68

Note: If you've come here looking for my Wplus9 Feb./Mar. Release: Day 2 and/or PDCC117 - Melanie Muenchinger post(s), please scroll down.

So, are you ready for another, Sketches in Thyme sketch to get your creative juices flowing?!  Well, let's just dive right in to Challenge #68.
I may have taken a few liberties with this sketch, but I was completely drawn to all those circular elements, which translated into flowers on this fun, summertime take, which was inspired by my January, Jenni Bowlin kit.
I started this layout by framing all my pics with Whisper White cardstock, before adhering them in a kind of jumbled/layered design near center of the water-stained, base page.  I then tucked a kraft, die cut tag, laced with a length of hemp twine, in the bottom right corner and used it to back my "summer lovin'" title, which was created from denim alphas and anchored with white-threaded, back-and-forth, machine stitches.
Lots of fabulous, cardstock and canvas, Picadilly flowers were layered and scattered about the design, and many of them were topped with deep red Sparklets.
A trio of hand-cut, "today, enjoy, memories", subtitle pennants, all three of which were anchored with more, white-threaded, back-and-forth, machine stitches...
as well as a June 7, 2010, sweet loves, date tab, complete the design.
Now, it's your turn!  You have until the close of the month, on Wednesday, February 29, 2012, to link up your takes over in the right hand column of the Sketches in Thyme Blog.  Please don't forget to pop by the challenge link above to see what the rest of the Mavens have whipped up with this fun sketch, as well as to find out what you're playing for, this month, from our fabulous sponsor, The Cutting Cafe.
Until next time, thanks so much for peeking in, and happy scrapping!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Whisper White (SU); water-stained (BoBunny) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Picadilly flowers (Basic Grey); red Sparklets (Kaiser Craft); pennants, denim alphas, kraft tag, & date label (Crate Paper); hemp twine (Creative Impressions)

8 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

what a beautiful LO! I'm loving all those flowers! And I LOVE the sketch! FABULOUSLY done!! You amaze me:)

Val said...

Beautiful LO ! Love it !!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

GORGEOUS! I Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos and the flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Elise said...

THIS layout makes me WANT to sing! HOW FUN!

Kim said...

What a fun page! Love the colors and those flowers:)
~Kim
Thanks for the inspiration!

Donna Bowman said...

Love this layout!! So summery and fun!!

Lindsay said...

LOOOOVE this page Jinny! The flowers are too fun and cute! I must give this LO a try!

lynn said...

this page makes me smile--its precious, jinny!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS