SIT #73

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Note: If you've come here looking for my PDCC124 - Mr. Cricut Crazy post, please scroll down.

I promised ya'll that nothing would stop me from being back with a little inspiration for this week's Sketches in Thyme Challenge #73, and I'm here, today, to deliver.
I cannot tell you how much I'm loving these two-pagers!  Sometimes I wish there was such a thing as three and four-pagers.  LOL!  I LOVE taking pictures!  Anyway, here's where that fun sketch led me.
I started this layout by stamping a few, random, burlap images, in White ink, throughout the Chocolate Chip, cardstock, base pages and adhering the brown, graphic, and multi-colored, medallion, patterned papers (I tried to line up the blue medallions in the center of the design, but it just wasn't looking right.  I figured that it was better to have half a medallion than to have an off-center, flat medallion; but after seeing that picture above, I'm not so sure.  Sigh.), as well as the punched and sliced, gray, polka dot, patterned, paper circles, near the bottom of the design, before anchoring them all with navy-threaded, straight and zig-zag, machine stitches.  A little ink distressing, around the edges of the design, helps to pull the eye front and center.
After adhering pictures, the center of which was matted with Whisper White cardstock and adhering a red, cardstock, polka dot sticker the length of the top of my design, I turned my attention to the left side of the layout...
where I tucked a note card in between the two long photographs and used it to journal, This was your first year of Awana Cubbies.  You learned so much and had a blast with your friends, especially your buddy Ian.  You received the highest honor for finishing your entire book, too!  I then grounded it with a "wonderful" sticker; brown button, laced with hemp twine; milk cap; and chipboard button, laced with hemp twine and backed with a green, leaf, trinket pin.
The "award night" title was created from navy alphas, anchored with navy-threaded, messy, machine stitches, tied off, to the front of the layout, at either end...
and turns our attention to the right side of the layout.
All that was left to do on this side of the layout was to create my journaling cluster.  I began with the scalloped, journaling card and tucked a green, journaling spot, which I used to journal, Grandpa and Grandma Green and Newlin came to help you celebrate, and we went out for ice-cream after the ceremony.  Yum!, in behind the punched scallops, before topping them with a printed tag.
The silhouette was stamped, in Night of Navy ink, on Whisper White cardstock; hand cut out; grounded, with foam tape, in its respective location, by a green, cardstock, camera, sticker banner; and flanked by a scalloped, "journey", cardstock sticker and a couple of hemp twine bows.  A trio of mini labels, upon which I recorded all the details of Ezekiel's special day, complete the design.
Now, it's your turn!  You have until the close of the month to not only link up your takes on this week's Challenge #73, but also this month's Challenge #72 and/or Challenge #71.  Can't wait to see what ya'll have loaded into the right hand column of the Sketches in Thyme Blog!  I've had a busy month, but I promise to make the rounds soon.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a terrific Thursday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Bit of Burlap (MSS); Boy & Girl Silhouette Heads (Jenni Bowlin) Paper: Chocolate Chip & Whisper White (SU); brown graphic (Studio Calico); multi-colored medallion (Cosmo Cricket); gray polka dot (American Crafts) Ink: White, Basic Black, & Night of Navy (SU); Tea Dye (Antique Linen) Other: navy thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Circle punch (SU); navy alphas & scalloped "journey" sticker (Crate Paper); "wonderful" sticker (K&Company); brown button (October Afternoon); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); scalloped chipboard button (Studio Calico); green leaf trinket pin (Maya Road); milk cap & printed tag (Jenni Bowlin); red polka dot cardstock sticker (Cosmo Cricket); foam tape (Scrapbook Supplies); scalloped journaling card (BoBunny); green journaling spot & camera banner (Jillibean Soup); mini labels (7 Gypsies)

2 comments

  1. WOW! You are really knocking my socks off--LOVE LOVE LOVE these LOs! I love the dark background....and I LOVE the those alphas! FAB!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving some love! Please come visit again soon!

God Bless, Jinny