Tuesday, April 24, 2012

CCG #228: Textiles

I'm absolutely thrilled to share a little, card creation I made for my newest gig at Color Combos Galore!
I cannot tell you all how excited I am to be joining this fabulously talented team!  I hope and pray that I'll be able to create up to the rest of the team's expectations and simply must thank Janet for not only trusting me to represent her challenge, but also for all she's done to help get me started, as well as such a warm welcome!  You're the best, Janet!  Now, here's this week's Inspiration Board #228; and we're asking you all to focus on natural materials such as burlap, canvas, hemp, twig, wood, etc.
And here's my take.
I started this card by framing a piece of gray, polka dot, patterned paper with a piece of Wisteria Wonder cardstock and adhering the two to the Basic Gray, cardstock, card face.  I then machine stitched, with gray-threaded, straight stitches, the lengths of the top and bottom edges of a strip of aqua, stripe, patterned paper and adhered it, to the card face, flush with the edges of the card face, just below horizontal center.  The canvas piece was stamped, in Basic Gray ink, with the text background and, in Wisteria Wonder ink, with the large, leaf image, before being adhered, in the center of the card face, over all previous layers and anchored with gray-threaded, messy, machine stitches.
The "DAD" sentiment was stamped, in Basic Gray ink, on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, which I pieced behind the aqua frame, before cutting a couple of slits to lace it with a long length of hemp twine, which I wrapped around the entire card face and tied off, to the left side of the frame, in a double bow.  A die cut from Basic Gray cardstock and ink distressed, with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, branch, as well as a wood ruler, both clustered around the sentiment frame, complete the look.
Okay, y'all!  Run link 'em up!  You have until the close of the day EST, on Saturday, April 28, 2012, to link up your takes over in the right hand column of the Color Combos Galore Blog.  Be sure to use the challenge link above to see what the rest of the team has been up to, as well as to find out what you're playing for this month.  Then, get creative!  Can't wait to see what you all whip up!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a blessed week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Woodgrain Silhouettes - sentiment, Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions - leaf image, & Defining Words - text background (Wplus9) Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Basic Gray, & Very Vanilla (SU); gray polka dot (American Crafts); aqua stripe (Fancy Pants) Ink: Wisteria Wonder & Basic Gray (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Folkart Florals die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); hemp twine (May Arts); aqua frame (American Crafts); foam tape (Scrapbook Supplies); wood ruler (Maya Road); canvas (unknown)

7 comments:

Janet Perafan-Babar said...

Mmmmmmmm, so many pretty details! Absolutely LOVE your card, love the little wooden ruler, the hemp and your canvas base, awesome mix of natural elements. So cool that you stamped on the canvas too! Super excited that you have joined us, I have always lived your cards and your eye for design. You are a true inspiration! Welcome! xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS!!!!! That is EXCITING!! I just loveeeeeeeee your card!!! I love love love that little ruler!!!

curlyqmosaics said...

What a beautiful card. Love the elegant textures and the wooden ruler. Very cute!

Christina said...

This has such a fabulously rustic feel, Jinny. I just love the soft stamping on the canvas and that darling little ruler!

Lisa said...

What a great dad card Jinny! Love the stamped canvas and that fun little ruler!!

Kelly said...

A perfectly masculine card for dad, I am also a fan of the ruler ;) So excited that you are joining us...welcome to the team!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Jinny, Sorry I have not been here to visit sooner. (I have been so occupied with the DT tryout over at the'Nook', you know what it's like...)
I am absolutely thrilled that you are joining us at CCG. I can tell by your wonderful creations that you are going to be a fabulous injection of creativity to CCG!!
Welcome!!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS