Thursday, April 12, 2012

SIT #74

Note: If you've come here looking for my PDCC127 - Simon Says Stamp post, please scroll down.

It seems like forever since I've posted for Sketches in Thyme, but having a little break gave me plenty of time to focus on releases, which was a blessing in disguise.  Plus, it hasn't been all quiet over at the design blog.  We've got a DT Call going on.  So, please be sure to check it out!  Anyway, we're back, this week, with the following Challenge #74.
I must like to take close-up shots of my kiddos, because it is the rare occasion that I can stack four photographs, one on top of the other, in the fashion shown, to you, above, without cropping my pictures beyond what I can bear. So, I kept my pictures just how I like them and, I believe, was still able to do the sketch justice.
I started this layout by adhering my pink, chicken-wire, and aqua, stripe, patterned papers, haphazardly and vertically, near the left side of the pink and green, plaid, base page, which had been ink distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, and machine stitched, with black-threaded, straight and zig-zag stitches, respectively, around their edges.  I then stamped the "love" text, in Basic Black ink, strategically, throughout the design and masked several areas off with bright pink, Washi tape, before framing my pictures with Whisper White cardstock and adhering them in their respective locations.  The bottom photograph was then anchored with a length of pleated, green ribbon, which was anchored with black-threaded, messy, machine stitches, and flanked with a vintage, journaling card, which I stamped, in Jet Black ink, with the rooster image and highlighted with a little Pool Party ink and a blender pen, before journaling, Whenever I get worried about you not eating enough, I make you breakfast.  It never fails to get you gobbling up something healthy any time of the day.  Yum!
I then created a faux, chipboard frame, using Wplus9's new Label Layers 4 die, nestled inside the old Label Layers 2 die (a cue I took from Cristina Kowalczyk's creation here); topped it with a bright pink, polka dot, patterned paper; ink distressed its edges; and used it to frame my bottom photograph.  The "i love breakfast!" title was created, from white, mini alphas, on a green, polka dot, word window die cut, which I also ink distressed.
A couple of color-coordinating, crochet flowers, topped with pink Twinkle Goosebumps and flanked with hemp twine bows, as well as stamped, in Lucky Limeade ink, on Lucky Limeade cardstock, and hand cut leaves, round out the left side of the design.
The far right picture was dressed up with another, crochet flower, dressed up in the same way as above and trimmed out with a pink, 2.28.10, date label.
Finally, I connected the two sides with a hand cut, from a pennant, patterned paper, banner, which was anchored, at either end, with vintage brads.
Further inspiration for this layout came from The Studio's April 1st Challenge to use at least three of the following six elements: ink (Check!), star, Washi tape (Check!), kraft, twine (Check!), and/or die cuts (Check!) and Color Combos Galore's Inspiration Board #225.
Now, it's your turn!  You have until the close of the month, on Monday, April 30, 2012, to link up your takes over in the right hand column of the Sketches in Thyme Blog.  Please also be sure to stop by the challenge link above to see what the rest of the Mavens have been up to, before you're off to having a fabulous day!  Thanks so much for dropping by!  Be blessed!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Defining Words - "love" text & Ever After - leaves (Wplus9); Country Morning - rooster (SU) Paper: Whisper White, pink & green plaid, & pink chicken-wire (SU); aqua stripe (Fancy Pants); pennant & bright pink polka dot (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Basic Black, Pool Party, & Lucky Limeade (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Label Layers 2 & Label Layers 4 dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); white mini alphas (Lily Bee Design); green polka dot word window (Bella Blvd.); foam tape (Scrapbook Supplies); crochet flowers & vintage brads (SU); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); pink Twinkle Goosebumps (Queen & Co.); green ribbon (May Arts); vintage journaling card (Jenni Bowlin); pink date label (October Afternoon); bright pink Washi tape (Pink Paislee)

8 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I looooove this LO! I love that speech bubble and the little chicken image on the journaling piece! FUN banner too! YOU ROCK:)

Fi said...

This is so adorable, loving the little banner and great take on the sketch

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooo adorable Jinny! I loveeeeeeee those photos, the banner and the colors!

Bente Fagerberg said...

This looks so pretty Jinny. Love the girly little touches an the tape. I am sooo into chickenwire nowadays but I cannot find it anywhere.... Must keep on looking! Thanks for playing!

pepper said...

Nice layout :) Very adorable kid!

sutty said...

Gorgeous page and love the photos :)

lostinpaper said...

Absolutely beautiful LO! So much to see and the photos are just too cute! Totally adore that chickenwire!

Anna said...

Another lovely layout Jinny! I love the colours and that banner! Thanks for playing along with us at The Studio!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS