Monday, November 19, 2012

Family Update

Happy Monday, y'all!  So sorry that's it's been so long, since I've done a family post.  I've been busy preparing for back-to-back company releases, but I also have been feeling extremely under the weather.  And on top of that, we've been dealing with a lot of in-law issues.  Ugh!  My hubby decided that it would be best, not only to protect our marriage, but also just because we've got to stop doing what we've always done, if we expect to get different results, to stay home this Thanksgiving.  It was a difficult decision that came with much prayer and petition and one that was supported by wise counsel, but, to put it lightly, it's not going over so well.  Although, their response, or I should say reaction, has only empowered our decision, which may not be such a good thing.  Fortunately, God knows, and He always has our best interests at heart.  So glad ;)!

Anyway, all that has just overwhelmed and made me not want to come here.  I don't know why, though, because you all have always been so understanding and loving.  Thank you so much for that!  Big hugs!  So, let me just share a little of what we've been up to, besides the obvious :), lately.  Of course, we've been working hard at our studies.
Fortunately, we're off this week for a little Thanksgiving celebrating, which also gives me time to prep for a new unit study...
and help with the Thanksgiving meals distribution at our church.  I stamped these prayers, using Season of Thanks and Ornaments, to tuck into each carefully packaged box.
Adina is still loving dance and has one more week before breaking until next year.  She is so uninhibited and just loves the other girls to pieces.  These pictures don't show it, but there are actually ten girls in her class.
My kiddos have surprisingly been getting along better than usual.  LOVE that!
Along with the fall yard work and cleaning, we've been enjoying scrumptious, new recipes (Vegetarian Chili)...
and just being plain silly.  (Please ignore my torn chair.  I need to purchase new material to make another slipcover.)
Oh!  And our family, Christmas cards arrived last week.  Woohoo!  Now, I've just got to get busy writing our annual letter.  One more thing to add to my to-do list.
Speaking of, I'd better run start checking off a few things, beginning with the laundry.  It's going to be a busy week, even without school.  But I'll be back, later this afternoon, to sneak in my take on a couple of current challenges.  Until then, thanks so much for stopping by, and have a fantastic week!

8 comments:

Annette said...

I am sorry you are under the weather...I hope you feel better soon. I will pray for you and your family that the in-laws will understand. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and just enjoy each day..

Your kiddos are always so cute..such a sweet family..
Thanks for sharing..

Miriam Prantner said...

So sorry to hear about the Thanksgiving drama! I'm glad to hear that you guys are putting your family first though. Hope that you feel better and have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!

Lisa said...

Awww I hope you feel better soon Jinny. Sorry the in-laws are being difficult with the holiday plans. Snuggling in with your own precious family sounds like a GREAT plan!

Lynn said...

Oh Jinny...I hope you start feeling better and that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving week. It sounds like you've made the right decision, but it is oh so hard. I'm sending you lots of love and hugs my friend.

Jennifer said...

Hope your feeling better and that your thanksgiving Is just how you want it to be. Family is not always easy, but in your heart you know what's best for you, your DH and kids and that's what matters.

Your daughter is absolute sunshine btw!

Ros Crawford said...

Hi Jinny ... I hope things are settling down for you ... I know where you are coming from ... Thank goodness you and your hubby are sticking together ... that's what counts ... you can never please everyone no matter how hard you try ... Love your photos ... you have a lovely little family ... sending hugs to you

Tracey Sabella said...

Such wonderful family photos!! Love the one of them reading together!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Laurie said...

Wishing you a happy happy Thanksgiving my friend! I pray everything works out just as it should! Hugs!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving some love! Please come visit again soon!

God Bless, Jinny

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS