Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Family Update

Merry Christmas Eve, friends!  Just wanted to share a few things that have been keeping us busy during this holiday season before the big day arrives.  Just over a week ago, we made a little time to visit the penguins at our KC Zoo again.  They're so captivating!  It was an extra fun morning, too, because we also ran into some friends.  Needless to say, picture-taking took a backseat to some much-needed, grown-up conversation.
I couldn't help but share this cute stack of fabric scraps from all the projects I've been working on for Christmas.  Can't wait to show you all!
Something pretty momentous took place around our house last week.  My little girl invited Jesus into her heart.  This photograph was actually taken the next day during our Bible time.  Matter of fact, she said the actual prayer, in true Adina style, naked as the day she was born, in the bathtub, right after she asked if I could ask Jesus to come into her heart for her.  I told her that only she could ask Him.  After a long silence, I asked her if she wanted me to help her; and she promptly said, "YES!"  She was so happy and excited after she said her prayer.  It was ever so sweet, absolutely precious, and completely took my breath away.  What a moment to treasure!
We had another showing last Thursday.  So, we took our studies to Panera and treated ourselves to bagels, but they decided our home was too small.  Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about that.  We continue to wait.
I FINALLY got our Christmas cards addressed this weekend.  Yes, they'll be late in their arrival.  No, I'm not going to sweat it.  It's just been one of those years.
On Sunday, my kiddos found a little time to play in the freshly fallen snow...
and we made lots of yummy, Christmas treats...
before my hubby's job whisked him away once again.
Every week that goes by, it gets harder and harder to say goodbye.  It's been especially hard on this little one.  She cries a lot, which makes it extra hard on me.  I had a few, Christmas errands to run on Saturday morning, and she didn't want to let me go.  She just cuddled and cried in her Daddy's arms for the longest time.  Then, when we were all sitting down to dinner together again and after we held hands and prayed, she kept hugging my arm and then her Daddy's arm and back and forth again.  We're all beyond ready to be back together.
I cannot tell you how much all your prayers mean to me, especially during this difficult season of our lives.  We're really struggling through some tough decisions right now and desperately trying to hear what the Lord would have us do.  We're clinging to all we know to be true and praying His promises will guide us through, but I have to admit that it feels like a silence has overtaken us.  We feel forgotten.  We feel abandoned.  We feel alone.

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awe Jinny...I don't even know what to say. I hope you know that you are never forgotten or alone. My heart goes out to you and your family at this difficult time. Many hugs...and hopes that things work out the way they should. Merry Christmas!

Miriam Prantner said...

Jinny, continuing to pray for you guys! I know that you guys are approaching everything prayerfully and clearly God is working in your family - what a wonderful blessing that Adina has come to know the Lord as her personal Saviour!!!! Praying for peace and that you would be able to enjoy this season together and for resolution soon!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That is wonderful about Adina!! I am still praying that the house sells so you can all be together as a family!! Merry Christmas!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Such awesome news for your little girlie, Jinny!! It's always so exciting to see your kids ask Jesus into their hearts! And those Christmas treats look yummy!! I hope your family has a Merry Christmas!

Anya said...

Loved reading this post! I wish you the best this Christmas and may all wishes that you pray for come true!

alexandra s.m. said...

Many Hugs to You Jinny~

Tracy said...

I know you are really struggling in so many ways right now, but I have to say that from the outside looking in I sure see a lot of blessings. True deep love between parents and children doesn't seem to be the norm anymore, but you can see it in every photo you share and event you tell us about. God has given you another sweet soul to nurture and raise in your loving home and last but not least, Adina's salvation. Knowing your little one has accepted Christ as her Saviour must give you and BJ such wonderful peace of mind. I see God's hand all over your family Jinny. I hope your Christmas day was wonderful. I know it was filled with love. Hugs to you my friend!

Angi Barrs said...

God is always with you Jinny! Stay close to him and he will guide you. Hugs!!!!

Larissa Heskett said...

What a SWEET memory to cherish indeed!! I still pray that your family will be together soon and I know the feeling of being alone and forgotten, but some how some way the answers will come and you will see that it was there all along, you were NEVER alone and this time of struggle was all for a GREATER LIFE together!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend sweet Jinny!! ;)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, Jinny.. playring that the new year will bring you peace and a solution to keep your family together. Cheer up and know that you are never alone... Happy almost New Year! PS: Love the picture of Adina and praying! What a precious moment!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS