Saturday, May 31, 2014

For the Love of Books

Happy weekend, y'all!  So, I promised, in yesterday's Friday Faves post, that I'd be back today to share this month's For the Love of Books pick, and I'm here today to deliver.  I also mentioned yesterday that we've been out and about enjoying our carefree summer schedules.  Well, with that absence of routine also comes lots of ornery behavior, especially from one, little, young lady, from my household, in particular, which is what drew me to share another fantastic book by one of my all-time favorite authors.  It is written for children ages four to eight, and I'm sure all you moms out there, who have cleaned up spilt milk, wiped toothpaste off the walls, or swept up the contents of the dog's overturned dish for the tenth time today already, maybe even learned to creatively disguise a DIY haircut before 7 am, will be able to relate with me on this one.
Harriet, You'll Drive Me Wild!, written by Mem Fox and illustrated by Marla Frazee, is the story of one pesky Harriet Harris.  Of course, Harriet doesn't mean to be pesky.  Sometimes, she just is, but she's always very sorry.  Unfortunately, one mishap after another follows her throughout the course of one exhausting day.  Her mother didn't like to yell.  So, instead, each time, she responds with a "Harriet, my darling child."  But when a thousand pillow feathers end up flying all over the room, while Harriet is supposed to be napping, her gentle mother yells and yells and yells.  Sometimes, she just does; but she, too, is always very sorry.

Aren't we all?  Thanks for taking the time to read, friends!  Have a good one!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Oh I will have to check this one out for Brookie!!!

Lisa said...

You know, I really need to start making a list of your book recommendations for my soon to be grandchild!! You can never start too early ;) Have a great weekend Jinny!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Thanks for the recommendation Jinny!
It sounds like a great book!!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS