Happy Birthday, Kari!

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Just a quick post to wish my long-time friend a very happy birthday.

There's just something extra special about a friend that's known you since you were little (the fourth grade, to be exact) that makes it easy to reconnect, even when distance and time drag on.  Kari's that friend to me.  Happy birthday, girl!  I love you!

I started Kari's birthday card with a teal layer of cardstock clear embossed with little flowers, which just so happen to be the perfect negative image of the flowers on the teal party hat, and dots.  The second layer of purple cardstock was stamped several times, with the "Celebrate" sentiment, using Orchid Opulence ink.  For the third layer, I stamped party hats, in Green Galore, Orchid Opulence, Taken With Teal, Yoyo Yellow, and Real Red inks, on white cardstock.  I also added glitter for that little, extra, shimmer effect.  For the fourth and final yellow layer, I kept it simple by punching just the lower edge with Stampin' Up's Scallop punch.  I, then, used my sewing machine to frame the sentiment by sewing a straight stitch, with white thread, across the top and bottom edges of the purple layer.  I wrapped a striped, monochromatic teal ribbon (which incidently, was leftover from Ezekiel's birthday thank yous) around the yellow, cardstock layer and tied it in a knot.  A few dimensionals on the back gave all the layers lift from the red card base.

No comments: