My Colorado Home

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lately, I've been missing my Colorado home something terribly.  Besides the fact that we didn't get to make a trip back to Colorado this summer, I know the Aspens are in full, fall force, like this photograph I found on the Colorado State Parks website.

Can't you just smell the cool, fresh mountain air?  Aah!  Memories!  I long to...
  • go camping again in Rocky Mountain National Park.
  • hike the steep, mountain paths, shaded by the towering trees above.
  • dangle my feet in a chilly, mountain stream.
  • bask, from a rocky ledge, in the sun's warm rays.
  • feel the mist of a waterfall on my face.
  • listen to the trees' gentle whispers.
There's just nothing about Kansas that even compares.

I finished Adina's, first year, birthday invitations and have given the recipients plenty of time to retrieve theirs from their mailboxes, so it's time to reveal them to you all.

I'm so excited about them and just love the quilted effect!  I saw the idea for them here on Kristina Werner's blog.  She created a pdf of instructions and card patterns here, which made it totally easy to create my own version.  I cut the card base from orange cardstock and layered with pattern papers, consecutively from bottom to top, from Stampin' Up, My Mind's Eye (There's that same paper, from Hobby Lobby, I just couldn't resist.), and Stampin' Up again.  Each patterned paper layer was trimmed with a white, machine stitch; and, with the exception of the very first green layer, which was attached using my AdTech Glue Runner, they were adhered to the card base using dimensionals.  I, then, cut two of the pumpkin stems from green cardstock; trimmed one with a white, machine stitch; enclosed the backside of the stitching with the second stem; and attached it to the card base.  The tag was hand cut from orange cardstock and clear embossed with the "YOU'RE Invited" sentiment.  I, then, rounded the far right (base of the tag) corners, using Stampin' Up's Corner Rounder punch; adhered them to the top of the pumpkin; and trimmed them off with a Stampin' Up, Really Rust button, laced with green embroidery floss.  The only mistake I made was forgetting to sign the back of each one.  Sorry, guys!

I have one more pumpkin project coming your way tomorrow, and then, I've joined a couple challenges to wrap up the countdown to World Card Making Day.  It looks to be a busy Saturday, with the family, so I'm crossing my fingers to be able to sneak a little time, to create, in my loft.

No comments: