Our New Roof

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Our roof BEFORE...

and AFTER...
 
 
It really is beautiful!  It looks perfect with the grey color of the house, now, and will look even better, later, when we save enough money for new siding.  The new skylight, on the back side, lets in TONS of natural light right above my craft table.  Let me tell you... I cannot wait to have some time to create by natural, unfiltered light!  Lately, I've been super inspired by fabric.  I'm working on a few Christmas gifts, which will have to wait until after Christmas to make their appearances here on my blog, and I'm dreaming up a homemade, birthday, party skirt for Adina.  I've also got a great party invitation in the works.  Her birthday is right around the corner!

I finally got the rest of Adina's nine-month pictures, and some of Ezekiel's six-year pictures, sent to our out-of-state friends.  They received theirs care of this pretty, little thing.

I just had to have that patterned paper, at the far left edge of the card face, when I found it at Hobby Lobby!  Isn't it gorgeous?!  I love the colors!  It's by My Mind's Eye and was the inspiration for this card.  I colored the flowers' centers and the dots on the petals with Apricot Apeal ink and the outer edges of the petals, as well as the outer edges of the flowers' centers, with Pumpkin Pie ink.  I, then, stamped them randomly onto white cardstock.  The leaves were colored with Old Olive ink and brushed over, with Glorious Green ink, before being stamped, like the flowers, onto the white cardstock.  I never would've put Old Olive and Glorious Green together, but they matched the patterned paper perfectly, and I was so pleased with the result.  For a little glam, I glittered the centers of the flowers.  The white, now stamped, cardstock was then attached to the card face.  Before layering the patterned paper, I punched both sides of it, using Stampin' Up's Scallop punch; and then, wrapped it, from the front, around to the back of the card.  I wish that I would've taken a photo of the edge of this card, because I love the way the patterned paper forms a kind of book spine.  I saw this idea here on Nichole Heady's, the creative mind behind Papertrey Ink, blog.  The sentiment was stamped, in Old Olive ink, on white cardstock and framed with green cardstock.  A couple dimensionals gave it a little lift from the card face.  Finally, I threaded natural, hemp twine through a Stampin' Up, Pumpkin Pie button, letting the ends hang free, before adhering the button, to the left of the sentiment, with a glue dot.

I'm working on a couple projects for World Card Making Day Saturday, October 3, 2009.

Maybe, I'll have to use this occasion to reveal Adina's first birthday invitation as well.  Happy creating!

No comments: