Pome on the Range

Friday, September 25, 2009

While the roofers were pounding away on our roof Wednesday, we headed on a little field trip to Pome on the Range in Williamsburg, Kansas.

Ezekiel's homeschool buddy, Ryan, got to come along, which totally made his day.  They could hardly wait to get started picking apples and quickly realized that apple trees are fantastic for climbing.  I was able to get them to sit still for a second for a quick snap.

Even Adina got in on the action.

Here's a picture of the boys with their spoils.

We picked 75 pounds of Golden Delicious apples in all.  That's a lot of apple goodies, folks!  Obviously, we made BJ carry the big bags.  The people running the place even took us around back for a quick tour of the facility.  We got to see the line of apples being washed and hand sorted for the market and for cider.  The $7 a gallon for their apple cider is totally worth it!


I've already made two apple pies to pair with homemade ice-cream for our BBQ tonight.  My mouth is watering!

The pumpkin and fall leaf decor has made its arrival throughout my home, and I'm totally in the swing of Fall!  Although, it didn't take much doing.  If you're still working on your mojo, here's a little card for inspiration.

I know!  I know!  More stitching?!  I just love the stitching, guys!  I started with a layer of orange cardstock, which I clear embossed with Autumn Leaves' flourishes.  I, then, stamped and water colored the pumpkins on white cardstock, using Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa, and Green Galore inks.  For the green, cardstock layer, all I did was punch the bottom edge with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch.  All three layers were joined with a white threaded, zig-zag stitch.  The "to You from me" sentiment was stamped, in Jet Black StazOn ink, on brown cardstock; punched out, using Stampin' Up's Scallop Circle punch; and adhered to the back, of the top, right edge, of the orange cardstock.  All the layers were then attached to a kraft-colored card base.  I made sure to hang the punched sentiment, over the top edge, like a tab.  Finally, I wrapped that cute orange, with white polka dots, ribbon around the whole card face and tied a bow.

No comments: