- the Bible says that God called Noah "righteous."
- Noah obeyed God in the face of others' ridicule.
- Noah wasn't even a carpenter and still built a boat that weathered the world's first storm and managed to stay afloat.
- Noah probably never once stopped telling others about God's warning to send the flood and would've welcomed any, who turned from their wicked ways and listened to God's message, into the safey of the ark.
- the first thing Noah did, when the waters receded and he and his family were safe and sound, standing on dry ground, was build an altar of worship and thanksgiving to God. The Bible says Noah's sacrifice was a "soothing aroma" to God and that "the Lord was pleased with the sacrifice."
Some of you have heard about the arrest of Jesse Dimmick, after his taking hostages, Jared and Lindsay Rowley, in Dover, Kansas. What you may not know is that Lindsay is BJ's cousin. Click here to see the video of Jared and Lindsay's interview, following their escape.
After seeing this video, something greater hit home for me... maybe it was...
- Lindsay's tears.
- how Jared said, "words cannot describe what we went through," while shaking his head.
- the fact that this is absolutely NOT the way to celebrate a week-old marriage!
- how I know they still haven't gone home after this whole ordeal.
- that I don't know if I ever would've seen them again, if things had taken a different route.
- just seeing their beautiful faces safe and sound.
There's something about papercrafting that brings me a sense of peace. So, this card is for Jared and Lindsay.