Such a Silly Weekend

Monday, September 28, 2009

We decided not to do any of the many activities KC had to offer this weekend.  We wanted to take it easy and just be a family.  It still seemed to go by so quickly, but I have a few pictures to show you that it really was such a silly weekend, as the title of this post proclaims.  It all began Friday afternoon.  I left Adina in her high chair with some Cheerios, so I could go check on Ezekiel, and came back to find this.

She was just shoveling in more Cheerios, completely oblivious to the fact that she had one stuck to her nose.  Then, Saturday night, Adina had a little accident in the tub, while BJ was in charge.  That literally never happens!  Her accidents always seem to happen on my watch.  Anyway, he was trying to get things cleaned up, when I walked around the corner and saw this.

I literally laughed out loud.  Who can resist a naked baby bottom?!  On Sunday, it was Ezekiel's turn to be silly.  The boys dove right in to crazy hair night at Awana.

Yes, that is my son!  Doesn't he look so cute?!  He really loved his silly do, and I have to admitt that I had so much fun doing it.  I cannot wait for Adina's hair to grow out!  It's difficult to tell from the picture, but he had a little blue in his, too, just like Daddy.

We also decided that, with the cooler fall weather and all, it was about time to buy Adina her first pair of shoes, so off we went to Target.  We'd hoped to find some similar to Bobux or Robeez, minus the expense; but they were all really ugly, so we ended up with these cuties... one pair for church and the other for every day.

I found a couple really great deals in the way of scrapbooking kits, too.  They were both more than 50% off and too cute to pass up.  This first one is called Marcella by K&Company and comes with all kinds of stickers, embellishments, die cuts, and spunky paper. I just love the bright colors, and aren't those little owls just too fun?!

This second kit is called Animal Crackers Ella by Making Memories.  It, too, comes with all kinds of stickers, printed paper blossoms, and enough fabulous paper to motivate any scrapper to get to work.

It's been way too long, since I've pulled out my own albums; but I did so, just to see where I'd last left off, as soon as I got home with these gorgeous kits.  This is what I found.



To be fair, I have completed Ezekiel's second, third, and fourth years of life.  It's just this first year that's giving me a headache.  There are so many pictures, and every one of them is too cute not to put in his book.  I used my Mickey Font Cricut cartridge to cut the title and numbers from Blue Ballet cardstock by Stampin' Up.  The rest of the paper, with the exception of the So Saffron piece from Stampin' Up, came from two, baby boy, scrapbook kits, similar to the ones above, that I purchased at Hobby Lobby.  There was very little stamping... just the photo corners stamped in Blue Ballet ink.  The white buttons, tied with orange embroidery floss, were from a bag I picked up on my last trip to Archivers.

No comments: