You know you must've done something right, when you're husband gasps and says, "Wow! That's cool!" after showing him one of your latest creations. Well, BJ did, when he saw this.
I actually crafted almost the entire front of this card separate from the card base. I started by clear embossing polka dots on the deep purple cardstock. I layered a strip of mint green cardstock, punched across the bottom, once again, using Stampin' Up's Scallop punch, just below it and stitched the two together with a light purple threaded, straight, machine stitch. The flowers need a whole tutorial all of their own, so I'll just tell you that I made them with some purple fabric, leftover from the making of some scrubs for my sister, Cristi, and my sewing machine. I, then, hand stitched the mint green, purple, and plum buttons to their centers, with light purple thread, and continued hand stitching them right through the deep purple cardstock, just to secure them to the card face. A few Hero Arts gemstones, added to the center of the plum button, give the card a little bit of shine. I hand cut the leaves from mint green cardstock; stamped them (look closely), using Mint Melody ink, with random letters of the alphabet, for texture; and adhered them under the fabric buds. Stampin' Up no longer carries Mint Melody ink :(, but lucky for me, despite the age of my ink pad, it hasn't dried up yet. The deep purple cardstock was, now, prepped and ready to adhere to the white, cardstock, card face. Finally, I stamped the "because nice matters" sentiment, in Elegant Eggplant ink, on white cardstock and adhered it to the lower, right corner of the card face, just above the stitching, with dimensionals.
Also, I never got around to showing you this cute, little, spider project Ezekiel did, in art class, last week.We got the idea for it here, again, on our favorite, Crayola website. The web is made out of a paper plate and painted in the color of his choice... blue. I, then, notched out little crevices, randomly, around the edges of the plate; so he could wrap the web, with white yarn, however he desired. I cut two ovals, using my Fiskars template, from a second paper plate; and he, again, painted them in the color of his choice... yellow, this time. He, then, added a couple, little, google eyes and sandwiched eight, trash, bag ties (four legs for each side of the spider's body), wrinkled/folded a bit, between the two painted ovals with Elmer's glue.
Tomorrow looks to be a busy, errand-running day. We've got a few things to purchase for Adina's, birthday party next weekend; and she's finally outgrown her bucket carseat, so we're trying to find a budget-friendly, forward-facing, comfortable, attractive, safe replacement. Wish us luck!