Apples

Monday, October 12, 2009

Here's what we ended up doing most the weekend.

That's two dozen, pint-size jars of apple butter, folks!  Yum-O!  My mom used to tease that if I ever got really sick, all the doctors needed to do was give me apple butter intravenously to make me well again.  I just love this stuff!  They'll make great Christmas gifts for family, friends, and neighbors, and there may even be enough leftover to give as housewarming gifts or just because.  We made a bunch last year, too; but I've got to say that this new kitchen gadget we picked up, at Bed Bath and Beyond, was a lifesaver this year.

It peels, cores, and slices apples or any combination of the three!  I know you're all thinking, "Duh!"  But I really didn't know what a time saver it would be.  Thank you, BJ, for making me get it, even though I kept saying we didn't need it.  That's why I love you so much!  Anyway, that's just about the end of the Pome on the Range apples.  I did have enough leftover to throw together a quick apple crisp for dinner last night...

and fill the crisper drawer in our refrigerator, too.  I cannot wait until the little apple tree we planted in our front yard, last year, begins to produce apples, too!

I know it's got a long way to go, but isn't it cute?!  Believe it or not, it really has grown a lot this year.

No comments: