Embellish the Cure Color Challenge with Bling

Friday, October 23, 2009

I'm just loving all of Embellish Magazine's tutorials and inspirational photographs for their challenges!  Their next, paper crafting challenge is inspired by October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month and incorporates rhinestones and a color combination.

Don't you just love it?!  Here's what I came up with.

I started with the light pink, cardstock base.  I, then, layered on a strip of fuchsia cardstock punched, along the bottom edge, with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch and embellished with clear gemstones by Paper Studio.  Two interconnecting, wavy, grey-threaded stitches join the two, cardstock layers.  I used my Cursive 101 Cricut cartridge to cut the "Lovin' My Ride" title from fuchsia cardstock.  I, then, glittered the letters and adhered them, to the left of the photographs, with two-way glue.  Finally, I used glue dots to adhere lots of different grey buttons, some of which were embellished with more, Paper Studio gemstones, down the right side of the photographs.

She's feeling yucky AGAIN!  We had only about a week with no sickies, so I called her doctor's nurse.  She said to keep doing what I'm doing, which is giving her menthol baths, rubbing Baby Vicks on her chest, running the humidifier, and making sure she gets plenty of fluids, and to watch her careful for any signs of fever and/or listlessness.  Lord, please keep my babies healthy this flu season!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Wonderful Layout and your daughter is the perfect doll to put on these creative pages!
Have a great weekend!
http://thedailymarker.blogspot.com/

Kim Ryden said...

Brooke had the same thing last week and is starting to feel better. I hate the sickies! I hope your kiddos stay healthy!

Winter said...

So cute! Praying that your little girl feels better! I have been praying over my kids alot more too, that they don't get sick! :)

Jessica said...

Super cute!!! Your little girl is adorable and yes we have to pray for the Good Lord to keep our babies healthy this flu season. I'll keep your precious family in my prayers :)

Scrapping Julie said...

so cute. the layout and the babe. nice to see a scrapbook page in this challenge.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Thanks so much for participating in the challenge! Think Pink!