For the Love of Pizza

Friday, October 2, 2009

I cannot tell you how much I love, love, love pizza!  Last night's, pizza, dinner leftovers are calling my name.

I like to make pizza every couple of weeks or so (Although, I think I could eat it every night!), just to use up the leftover veggies from our fridge.  Last night's pizza was topped with the rest of the mushrooms, leeks, tomatoes, and yellow pepper, and nearly, the rest of the zucchini.  Add a little Mozarrella and Parmesan, and we had a feast!  Yum!  Yum!

So, I decided to play along on my first color challenge.  When I saw Dawn's picture from Urban Arts and Crafts, I couldn't help myself.

I just love putting red and aqua together.  Mix in a little chocolate and cream, and you just cannot go wrong.  This is what I came up with.

I began by clear embossing the top half of the red, cardstock card face with polka dots.  I, then, layered a little cream cardstock stamped several times with one of the beauties from Dawn's, Raspberry Suite, Damask Designs stamp set in Close to Cocoa ink to cover my kraft quotient.  I stamped the "Just Because" sentiment several times, using Tempting Turquoise ink, on aqua cardstock.  I, then, trimmed the top and bottom edges with a white threaded, straight, machine stitch.  The lower edge of my final, chocolate, cardstock layer was punched with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch.  I went back and added a few little white dots on the damask pattern and between the sentiments, using my white, uni-ball Signo, gel pen.  Finally, I adhered the layers, just below the embossed polka dots, and wrapped the card face with a remnant of monochromatic, striped, aqua ribbon.

3 comments:

Terri E. said...

That pizza looks delish! Love all of your white gel pen work on the background. Way to rock Dawn's color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Becky and Stacy said...

Oooohhhh, this is so pretty...

Steph said...

beautiful card.