Home

Sunday, October 11, 2009

I'm at home with a sick baby, who's sound asleep as I type, and the boys are at church.  I just hate it, when my kiddos are sick!  She fell asleep in my arms, while I was nursing her last night, and I didn't want to move.  I just wanted to preserve that moment forever.  She looked so sweet and innocent and tiny, and I'm so afraid to even blink for fear that when I open my eyes she's going to be running off to college.  I'm so very grateful for getting to be a stay-at-home mom.  I can't thank BJ enough, for all the sacrifices we have to make as a family to make it possible, even if I had the words to express my gratitude.

Look what we finally caught our baby doing last night... on camera, that is!

Daddy was feeding her popcorn (Before you panic, I should say that we take off the kernel itself.  She only eats the fluffy, white edges.), so I couldn't get her to look my way.  She was just standing there all by her big self.

So, I'm playing along with a Mojo Monday sketch this week.
 
This is what I came up with.

I started with a light blue, cardstock base and layered on two, patterned paper, by Best Occasions, rectangles, framed in white cardstock.  I, then, paper pierced dots down the center edges of the rectangles to draw the eye in towards the "CELEBRATE YOU" sentiment.  Another layer of Best Occasions, green paper was framed with white cardstock and edged with a white, machine stitch before being adhered accross the center (over the rectangles) of the card face.  To create the center circle of the Mojo Monday sketch, I began with a flower-shaped piece of chipboard.  I, then, white embossed it with five or six layers before pressing in the stamped image.  It left really sharp edges, so I reheated it, to fade the image slightly.  I just love how it looks like stamped porcelain!  It was adhered to the card center with glue dots.  I, then, added a couple Ice Circles, rhinestone brads, by Stampin' Up, and framed them with white brads.  A little, Moonlight White, Brilliance, archival, pigment ink, brushed around the card base edges, soften and complete the look.

No comments: