It's Here!

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy World Card Making Day!  I hope that you all are enjoying your time dreaming up, making, addressing, and delivering your beautiful cards!  I celebrated by checking out all the fabulous bloggers' gorgeous cards on the World Card Making Day website, and I'm so inspired that I'll just have to find a little time to create, too.

I had so much fun playing along with Dawn's, Raspberry Suite, color challenge this week, that I decided to find another one that looked different and challenging.  I found the Moxie Fab World, Gradient is Radiant challenge to create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor, etc.) that incorporates some kind of gradient color treatment.  This is what I came up with.

I started by stamping the damask image, inked with a VersaMark, watermark stamp pad, several times on white cardstock.  I, then, brushed red, gradually fadding to hot pink, gradually fadding to light pink, pastels, with a cotton ball of all things, over the images.  I just love the gradient effect!  The "Thank You so much" sentiment was stamped, with Pink Passion ink, on hot pink cardstock and adhered to the gradient background.  I, then, machine stitched white, wavy lines around its edges and attached the gradient background to a red, cardstock base.  Finally, I tied a little, pink bow through a hot pink button and adhered it, above the sentiment, using a glue dot.

While I was busy at work with this challenge, Ezekiel was secretly taking on his own.  I went downstairs to find him working, alone in his room, on this Christmas card for his sister.

I swear he had absolutely no help from me!  I just cannot believe what a fabulous job he did!  Don't ya think?!  I love the way he framed the card with red, construction paper and hand wrote his own "I love you" sentiment in cursive, no less!  I'm so proud and thrilled that some of my creativity is rubbing off on him!

1 comment:

Cath said...

Hi Jinny! Thanks for sharing your blog with the Moxie Fab World and for entering the Gradient is Radiant challenge! Oh, and Happy World Card Making Day, too! :)

~Cath