Lofty Designs

Thursday, October 29, 2009

I just LOVE mail, and when a letter/card shows up in my mailbox, housing a picture, too... JOY... I feel sheer joy!  Today, we got a thank you card in the mail, with a picture of the senders' daughter and all; and yesterday, Adina got her first, birthday card, also with a picture!  If you were the senders, thanks for thinking of us and putting a smile on my face, guys!  I think this is why I love making cards so much, because I cannot possibly be the only one who loves discovering something special in their mailbox.  Anyway, I just felt like I needed to share that.  Now, on with my Lofty Designs post!

I wanted to take a minute, today, to show you a new set of cards up in my Etsy shop Lofty Designs; but before I do, just in case you maybe haven't yet made it to my shop (If you have, thank you so much for your support!), I wanted to tell you a little about it.  Etsy is a place to buy and sell handmade goods, commercial and handmade crafting supplies, and items 20 years or older with vintage appeal.  It is a treasure chest for anything special and the perfect place to do some Christmas shopping!  My Etsy shop, Lofty Designs, fits into this definition perfectly.

Lofty Designs was named so, because all of my creating takes place in the little loft of our home.  It also follows that I give God all the credit for fashioning me with a desire and ability to use my hands to create; and according to the American Heritage College Dictionary, lofty means, "elevated in character, exalted," which perfectly describes my view of our Heavenly Father.

At this moment, Lofty Designs houses a variety of cards, with different sentiments, bundled in groups of five.  Each bundle is packaged in a clear, plastic bag, with envelopes, and embellished with a matching tag and ribbon, making them perfect to gift just as they are.  However, if you were to purchase them for your own use, you would be able to bless six, including the tag, people individually.  I do take custom orders, so if you're looking for something in particular, just click on the "Request Custom Item" link, on the right side of Lofty Designs' page.

In time, I'd like to list a few of my sewing projects, as well; so, if there's something you'd just love to see, leave a comment on this post, and I'll see what I can come up with.  Please, do the same, if there's a particular, papercrafting item that excites you; and thank you, in advance, for taking just a minute to stop by.

With that said, and without further ado, let's move on to Lofty Designs' new listing.


I began these cards by clear embossing polka dots along the bottom of the olive green, card base.  I, then, layered a gorgeous, patterned paper (which I'm not sure who made but was purchased in a paper pack, at Hobby Lobby, a while back), as well as, a strip of cream cardstock, punched along the bottom edge, using Stampin' Up's Scallop punch, just above the embossed polka dots.  A pretty, turquoise, Target, ribbon purchase was wrapped around the card face, right where the two layers meet, and tied in a bow to the left side of the card.  I, then, stamped the partial, "U" sentiment, in Old Olive ink, on cream cardstock; glittered it; hand cut it out; and adhered it to the right side of the card, above the ribbon, using dimensionals.  I punched turquoise cardstock with Stampin' Up's Round Tab punch; stamped it with the rest of the "BLESS" sentiment in Tempting Turquoise ink; folded it in half; and adhered it to the top left of, and overlapping, the "U".  A Stampin' Up, Ice Circles, turquoise, rhinestone brad completes the look.

No comments: