Mojo Monday Week 110

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I finished Adina's, birthday dress!  I cannot wait to show you all!  I'm still working on the panties to match.  The elastic is giving me trouble, but they'll be done soon enough.  Anyway, I used some of the extra scraps, from her dress, to make her a cute card and figured that I could show it to you all, since there's no way she'll be reading this before her birthday :).  I used a Mojo Monday sketch for it.

Without further ado, here's my interpretation.

I started by layering a deep purple cardstock, clear embossed with polka dots across the bottom, on a hot pink, square, card base.  I, then, adhered a small scrap of fabric to the deep purple cardstock and used my machine to stitch a zig-zag stitch around its edges.  I used turquoise thread, because, well, that's what was left in my machine from making her dress.  A skinny strip of white cardstock was punched, using Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch, and layered over the far left side of the card face.  I, then, wrapped a pretty, silky, pink ribbon (leftover, again, from the making of her birthday dress) around the bottom half of the card face, covering all layers, and tied it in a bow near the left edge.  I punched a pink, cardstock, scalloped circle, using Stampin' Up's Scallop Circle punch, and adhered it over the ribbon to balance out the right side.  To create the "1", I used my Mickey Font Cricut cartridge to cut it out of hot pink cardstock; glittered it; and adhered it, with dimensionals, over the center of the pink, scalloped circle.  Finally, I stamped the "happy" sentiment in Pretty in Pink and Pink Passion inks, on white cardstock; stitched a straight, turquoise threaded, machine stitch around the sides; brushed the edges with Pretty in Pink ink; and adhered it, with dimensionals, above the bow and overhanging the white, punched, cardstock strip and pink, scalloped circle.

This sketch would also make a great scrapbook page.  Hmmm?!

1 comment:

Andrea M said...

This is so pretty! Great job :)