Random Musings

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I just have a few random musings for you today.  My brain is running a million miles an hour with all that I have to accomplish, but I promised Ezekiel that I would post this yummy breakfast we made Saturday morning.

Aren't they just too cute?!  They're made with pancakes, peanut butter, bananas, raisins, cheese, and Cheerios.  We found the idea for them in Ezekiel's Your Big Backyard magazine and only tweaked them by replacing the English muffin head with a pancake.  He was so excited about them!

Then, in going to the Your Big Backyard website, I found three books about mooses, of which I've only read one.

I'm not sure what it is about mooses that fascinates me so much, but I do know what books I've now added to my wish list for our children's library.

I also completed another scrapbook page for Ezekiel's first year of life album.

All that fabulous, patterned paper is from Basic Grey, and the cardstock is from Stampin' Up (I really need to replenish my stock!).  I used a blue, zig-zag stitch to connect all the layers and trimmed off the bottom of the orange, cardstock layer, using Stampin' Up's Scallop punch.  I used my George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge to create the heart embellishment.  The two hearts were cut in sizes 1-1/2" and 2", respectively.  I, then, glittered the smaller heart; adhered the two together, using a dimensional; added a lime green button, threaded with lime green, embroidery floss and tied in a bow, to the center of the smaller heart (over the glitter), with Tombo Mono Multi Liquid Glue; and attached the completed embellishment to the page.  Finally, I used Postage Pals stickers from American Crafts for the "mail" title.

I just cannot believe how much bigger Ezekiel was, as a baby, than Adina.  She's going to be one-year-old in a couple weeks, and she still doesn't weigh as much as Ezekiel did at six-months!  He knew how to eat (and still does)!

Oh!  And look at these delicious Snickerdoodle Duos I found on the Bakerella website.

Snickerdoodle cupcakes AND Snickerdoodle cookies in one!  Oh, my goodness, people!  How could you go wrong with that?!

No comments: