She's Climbing!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Look who's climbing the stairs...


all the way to the very top!  She's so proud of herself, too.  Can't you just see written all over her face, "Ha!  Ha!  Now, Mommy can't go anyplace that I cannot reach her?"

Moxie Fab World has a challenge this week to create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor, etc.) that incorporates some kind of ruffle.  I pulled some photos for this challenge and put together a layout for Ezekiel's baby scrapbook.

I thought that bright blue ribbon would look just like waves, if I gathered and stitched it across the bottom of the page, and I'm so happy with the result!  I punched the blue, bubble paper, from my stash, across the bottom edge, with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch and adhered it just over the top of the first ruffle to hide the machine stitch and give it a real finished look.  A few of Jolee's, ducky, epoxy stickers, from EK Success, float along perfectly over the ruffles.  I used American Crafts, Remarks, letter stickers for the "{splish SPLASH}" title and my Fiskars circle and oval cutters to cut the pictures and blue, cardstock frames, in the right side of the layout, before adhering them.  After adhering the entire layout's photos, I stamped photo corners, on blue cardstock, in Brilliant Blue ink; hand cut them; and adhered them to the corners of all three, rectangular photos.

I had a lot of fun with this layout!  I hope it inspires you to try your own ruffle waves.

No comments: