To Be A Kid Again

Friday, October 16, 2009

I thought that maybe you'd all like to see some, sweet pictures of my kiddos just being kids.

 
Adina just loves her Little People farm, as well as, this ride-on toy Uncle Jason got Ezekiel for his first birthday!

Here's a picture of Ezekiel playing with the Gloppy Goop we made a couple weeks ago...

and one of Adina, just because I really love it.

My kids are my greatest treasure!

I've got another Mojo Monday sketch for you this week.

This card is for my cousin, Matt, and his family.  They just had their offer accepted on a new house!  Yea!  Congratulations, guys!
I started by clear embossing polka dots on pink cardstock and adhering it to the left side of the blue, cardstock base.  I, then, machine stitched a white threaded, zig-zag stitch all around the edges to ground it.  A strip of American Crafts patterned paper, down the card center, helps continue the polka dot theme.  I, then, used my George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge to cut two tags... one from white cardstock and the other from lime green paper by Best Occasions.  The "happiness" sentiment was stamped, in Not Quite Navy ink, on the white tag; trimmed, using Stampin' Up's Scallop punch; and backed with the lime green tag.  A few paper pierced dots below the sentiment drive home the polka dot theme, and a pretty bow, from my stash, captures all the colors in the finished card.  The completed tag was adhered just to the right of the card center, saving room for a fun star embellishment.  To create the star embellishment, I cut three different sizes of stars, all from American Crafts paper.  I, then, glittered the smallest star and layered them all one on top of the other, separating each with a dimensional.  I topped the stack off with a pretty, blue button, laced with white embroidery floss, and adhered it just to the left of the card center, overlapping the bottom edge of the tag.  I just love all the pretty colors in this card!

No comments: