WCMD Challenge #2: Mexico

Monday, October 5, 2009

Our second stop in the WCMD callenge is Mexico.

I was so excited about this challenge.  I've taken many mission trips to Mexico and declared Spanish as my second major in college.  Needless to say, Mexico is near and dear to my heart.  I used a gorgeous blouse that I brought back with me, from one of my trips, as inspiration.

Here's what I came up with.

I started by bleach stamping the flower images on teal cardstock and clear embossing the "Thinking OF YOU" sentiment right over the top.  To simulate the white, lacy sleeves of the blouse, I punched a piece of white cardstock with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch.  I, then, attached it to the teal cardstock and machine stitched a red, zig-zag stitch between the two, just like the neckline of the blouse.  Both layers were adhered to a bright blue, card base.  I used my Fiskar's circle cutter to cut three circles, each one a little smaller than the one before, from red, dark purple, and teal cardstocks.  I wrinkled, waded, and stomped on (not really) each circle, opened them up, and adhered them one on top of the other.  I, then, attached a gold button with glue dots and threaded through, all three layers of the flower, lengths of bright blue ribbon.  I tied each ribbon end in a little knot and let them hang free.  They kind of reminded me of pinata streamers.  Finally, I adhered the completed flower to the center of the teal, cardstock layer with glue dots.

Yea!  I just love this card, and I already know who I'm going to send it to! 

1 comment:

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE love love the flower and your card. Whoever gets it will love it, too!