WCMD Challenge #4: Australia

Monday, October 5, 2009

Our fourth and final stop in the WCMD challenge is Australia.

I just love all the gorgeous, earth tone, Aboriginal artwork that Nicole gave for inspiration.  This is what I came up with.

I created this card with one particularly special, little boy in mind.  I began by stamping the leaves and dots, using Old Olive ink, on an olive green, cardstock base.  I layered a piece of brown cardstock below the leaves and black embossed it with an alligator.  (Doesn't everybody think of alligators, when they think of Australia?!)  I, then, outlined the image with a uni-ball, Signo, white gel pen to give it the same effect illustrated in the bottom center image above.  I also used my white gel pen to enhance the dots around the leafy images on the olive green cardstock.  A little orange cardstock punched across the bottom, with Stampin' Up's Spiral punch, finishes off the bottom layer.  The "wild about you!" sentiment was stamped, with Close to Cocoa ink, on white cardstock; adhered to the bottom, orange layer; and grounded, on either side, with two, Stampin' Up, Old Olive brads.  An orange and white striped ribbon, tied in a knot, completes the look.

I hope you enjoyed traveling with me.  I'm off to nurse the baby and clean my messy, craft space before "Castle" begins.  Have a wonderful evening!

No comments: