Weekend News

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

We had a really nice weekend, spending most of Saturday just getting stuff done around the house.  BJ finished rebuilding the wall, near our driveway, that the roofers had wrecked (on accident, of course) last month; and I got started on Adina's, birthday dress.  Here's a little, sneak peek.

Don't you just love, love, love that fabric?!  It's turning out super sweet.  I'll let Adina do the full unveiling, for you, on Sunday!  We're celebrating, with family, the Saturday after her birthday; but I thought that I'd let her wear her new dress to church, on her birthday, for our first day in the new building, too.

We spent some time at the park, on Saturday, before it started raining and after the kiddos' naps, too.


We just love the swings!  Then, on Sunday, we went to the new building to set up our classroom for the big day.  Actually, we ended up setting up the three-year-old classroom... a little confusion there, but it was still super fun.  I totally forgot to bring my camera, though; so I'll have to try to remember to get pictures this Sunday, before the kiddos arrive.  The rooms look so much bigger with all the toys and furniture in them.

I've got another Raspberry Suite, color challenge, from Dawn, for you this week.

Aren't those colors just so yummy?!  Here's what I came up with.

I'm going a little green with this color challenge.  I've been saving that chocolate and cream polka dot paper for just the right occasion.  It actually came from an old card my mil sent me.  I'm recycling :)!  Anyway, I attached the hot pink or raspberry cardstock, stamped several times with the "tickled pink" sentiment, in Pink Passion ink, just below it.  I, then, followed suit with another, cardstock layer... this time a green one, punched across the bottom edge, using Stampin' Up's Scallop punch.  I really should get some different punches, huh?  I love this one, but I have to admit that I'm in need of a change.  I joined all three layers with a wavy, cream threaded, machine stitch and adhered them to the cream, cardstock base, which had only been altered, from the typical 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" card size, by a little, lower, corner rounding, using Stampin' Up's Corner punch.  I, then, wrapped raspberry colored ribbon, twice, around the card face, lacing the last portion with cream colored buttons from my stash.  I stamped the pig image, on cream cardstock, in Pixie Pink ink; added a little Pixie Pink watercoloring and glitter; punched him out with Stampin' Up's 1-3/8" Circle punch; framed him with kraft cardstock that was punched with Stampin' Up's Scallop Circle punch; and adhered him, to the top center, of the card face, between the buttons and over the ribbon, with dimensionals.  I went back and secured the buttons with dimensionals, too.  I don't think they were going anywhere, but it did help to not pull down the sides of the pig embellishment.

2 comments:

dotms said...

That pig is just too cute. I love it.

Andrea M said...

The little piggy is awesome - especially covered in glitter :) The stitching detail is really nice too. Super cute card. Great job. Thanks for sharing!