Back to the Old Grindstone

Monday, November 30, 2009

We were back to work and school today.  No more time for play!  It was such a much needed and full Thanksgiving break.  I promise to get those Thanksgiving pictures posted, hopefully tomorrow; but in the meantime, I have a few photos of Adina being her usual, busy-body self.

She just loves to sit on the bathroom counter, while I'm getting ready for the day.  She always has to be close!  This day, she thought she'd be funny and sit in the sink.  Such a cutie!  Oh, and look what I walked in on last week!


She had completely emptied her bottom, book drawer... super fast, I might add!  Yes, the books are strategically placed at her level for her enjoyment; but what a critter she was to get every one of them out at the same time!  Unfortunately, she wasn't as quick when it came to putting them away.

Last Tuesday was my brother-in-law's birthday, so I thought that I'd show you the card that made it his way just in time for the occasion.

I started this card by folding a regular, 4-1/4" x 5-1/2", Old Olive, cardstock, card base a second time, near the top, to simulate a book fold.  I, then, clear embossed stars to cover the entire face and trimmed the top in a tag shape.  The partial, "U" sentiment was stamped, in Basic Black ink, on white cardstock; hand cut; glittered; and adhered, just right of center, near the bottom of the card face, with dimensionals.  The rest of the "ceLeBrAte" sentiment was stamped, in Old Olive ink, on white cardstock; cut in a rectangular shape; and adhered, vertically, just left of center, next to the "U".  I, then, layered a couple, black, cardstock strips, horizontally, over the "ceLeBrAte" sentiment, being sure to leave enough room, above them and below the book fold, for a paper-pierced line.  Finally, I hand stitched the black button and checkered ribbon, in place, through both front and back sides of the card, with black, embroidery floss and tied the loose ends in a bow.

No comments: