Fun Weekend Happenings and Snow

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

So, today, I'm fullfilling my promise for photos of our busy weekend.  I spent all Saturday morning finding places for my, Oh, My Goodness!, surprise goodies and cleaning up my craft space.  I am happy to announce that everything found a safe home and is awaiting its call for the perfect project.

Saturday night, we headed to Dover, Kansas, for BJ's cousin Lindsay's wedding reception.  Jared and Lindsay were married earlier this year, in Orange Beach, Alabama, and were, finally, getting to celebrate with all the guests that couldn't swing the trip.  Here's a picture of the happy couple.

We enjoyed good food (Technically, being the demi-vegetarian that I am, I snagged a Burger King, veggie burger on the way home.  There wasn't much vegetarian BBQ for me to eat, so, in reality, everyone else enjoyed good food :).), music, and company.  Ezekiel even announced, on the way home, that BJ's cousin Beth's daughter, Charlotte, was "the funnest person [he'd] ever played with!"

That's saying alot!  He's played with an awful lot of kiddos!  It was quite the reunion and so much fun to see old faces.  I even pulled together a card, in their wedding colors, to put with their gift.

I started this card by clear embossing the top half of the teal, cardstock base with flourishes.  I, then, layered a hot pink, cardstock strip, which had been punched across the bottom and top with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch, just below.  The "BEST wishes" sentiment was stamped, in the bottom, right corner, with Taken With Teal ink and framed with two, Best Occasions gemstones.  That pretty, cream, Hobby Lobby ribbon, that you can tell I love so much by its continued appearance in my projects, was wrapped around the card front; laced with a gorgeous, cream, textured and gemstone-studded button; and tied in a bow.  Just below the bow, I adhered a wedding, bells image, which had been stamped, in Taken With Teal and Pink Passion inks, on cream cardstock.  The image was hand cut and adhered, to the card face, using dimensionals; and although it is difficult to tell from the picture, it had also been glitter-detailed.

On Sunday morning, we got up bright and early to teach Sunday school.  It is so hard to get used to the few minutes longer it takes to get to our new building, so, again, we were late for our pre-meeting but still in time to greet our 19, gorgeous, four-year-old grins.

Sunday night, I had the privilege of attending the New Theatre Restaurant with my sisters, Jana and Jamie, and my Mom (from left to right, in the photo below, with me being in the denim blazer).

We went, with a group of ladies from Emporia's Victory Fellowship Foursquare Church, to see Church Basement Ladies 2.

This sequel was just as funny as the first and even more enjoyable with the familiar company, and the food was absolutely delicious (plenty of veggies, for me, this time)!  I wish I could've filled my bag and taken some home to my jealous hubby.

In closing, look what greeted us, out our front window, this morning.


It's our first, albeit little, snow of the season!

No comments: