Fun With Friends

Friday, November 27, 2009

With keeping in the spirit of the Thanksgiving, holiday weekend (which, by the way, I have lots of pictures to show you of our celebration yesterday, but it'll have to wait for another post), I thought I'd post a few pictures of the fun times we shared with friends this week.  On Tuesday, Ezekiel's buddy, Ryan, spent the day with us.  The boys wrestled; pulled out just about every stuffed animal Ezekiel owns; played games...

went on a pretend campout...

ate; played war with the Nerf guns; and finally, settled in for an afternoon movie, before dinner, while Adina took her nap.

On Monday, we were blessed with a special visit from a couple of young ladies, from our church, Jadyn, Maci, and their mom, Kristi.  Their favorite part of the morning visit was playing with the gloppy goop.


We even made the girls a batch of their own to take home with them.  Kristi spoiled me with a delicious, Starbucks, Pumpkin Latte, so you know I had to make her a little card to say thank you.  I used Dawn's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #19 for inspiration.

That's a lot of colors to work with, people!  So, this one was a toughie for me, but I'm fairly pleased with the result.  Here's what I came up with.

I started by edging Stampin' Up's, olive and moss green, leaf paper with chocolate brown cardstock, punched with Stampin' Up's Scalloped Edge punch, and connecting the two with a white-threaded, combination, zig-zag and straight, machine stitch.  I, then, adhered them to the right side of the lavender, cardstock, card base and rounded the top, right corner.  Using brown glitter on the leaf and polka dot images, on the left side of the lavender, card base, added just the right amount of shimmer.  I love the way, when the sun hits it just right, it glitters raspberry pink!  So, I balanced it with a raspberry pink, cardstock, sentiment circle on the other side.  It was made by white embossing, to mimic the white thread and outlines on the leaf paper, the "So Glad we're friends" sentiment and punching it out with Stampin' Up's Scallop Circle punch.  Easy peasy!  I, then, punched little slots, just above and below the sentiment, through which to thread a light aqua ribbon.  The ribbon was wrapped around the card front and tied in a bow just above the scalloped circle.  A few, Stampin' Up, Old Olive brads, through the bottom, left corner, give the perfect finishing touch.

No comments: