Home Made Goodness

Friday, November 13, 2009

Leave it to Nicole Heady, of Papertrey Ink, to come up with a stamp set full of windows, doors, shutters, curtains, bricks, stones, and a porch light all perfectly scaled to coordinate with Lauren Meador's house template.  Oh, my gracious!  These little houses, made by a few members of the Papertrey Team, are just to die for!

This first one is made by Nicole herself and is hands-down my favorite!  I just love that color combo!

This second one was made by Melissa Phillips and is too pretty for words!  I adore its soft, color palette; lace; and of course, glitter!

This last one just looked too yummy to leave out of the line-up!  It was made by designer Betsy Veldman.  I cannot wait to see this stamp set, in its entirety, Sunday night.  I'm falling more and more in love with Papertrey Ink every day!  They have such great sentiment stamps, and their pattern stamps are outrageously versatile!  I wish I could scoop up all their monthly goodness... every month!  I'm dreaming... again :)!

I have a pretty card for you all today.  It was made for a dear, old friend of mine who recently had another miscarriage.  I cannot even begin to imagine what she is going through, but I wanted her to know that I was thinking of and praying for her and her family.  I hope that you'll do the same.

I started this card by clear embossing flourishes to cover the mint green cardstock.  I, then, trimmed it, across the bottom edge, with Ruby Red cardstock, punched with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch.  A rustic, striped, patterned paper, from my stash, was added just above it.  Once all the layers had been joined together, they were adhered to the cream, cardstock, card base.  The "Praying for you" sentiment was stamped, with Ruby Red ink, in the bottom, right corner of the card base.  I, then, wrapped a red and white checkered, Hobby Lobby, ribbon purchase around the card front, between the patterned paper and mint green cardstock, and tied it in a bow to the left side of the card face.  A pretty, Ruby Red stamped and water colored butterfly was hand cut; glittered; and glued, from its center, just below the ribbon.  I love the gracefulness this pretty butterfly adds to the design with its wings pulled gently away from the card face.  A Paper Studio, gemstone, butterfly trail adds the last bit of shimmer needed to call this card complete.

No comments: