I forgot!

Thursday, November 5, 2009

I totally forgot to show you the new, car seat we got, for Adina, this weekend!


She loves it!  Can you tell?!  She just loves facing forward, now, too!  Although, her doctor told us, on Monday, at her one-year checkup, that they're trying to pass a law where children up to 30 pounds would need to be in a rear-facing seat.  She said not to worry about it, now, since we'd already moved her forward facing, but to watch for a change in the law.  Fortunately, in case the law does pass, this one is a rear-facing seat, as well.  All is good!

I have another Pencil Lines sketch for you this week.  It's provided by this week's guest designer, Maisa Mendonca, from São Paulo, Brazil.

 Here's what I came up with.

I just love this picture of Adina!  She's barely a week old, and oh, so, beautiful, bundled in her car seat, wearing her little hat that her Aunt Courtney made for her.

I started by stamping the lower half of a 12" x 12" piece of Lavender Lace cardstock with all kinds of text, including "cherish, BLESSED, hugs & kisses, loved, celebrate life, happiness, wonderful, sweet, LOVE, it's a girl, small wonder, adorable, the best, I Love You," etc., in Lavender Lace ink.  On top of that, I machine stitched a purple threaded, straight stitch around the edges of a rectangular, piece, of purple and white, striped vellum, adhered to the left portion of the layout.  This made the perfect frame for my treasured picture.  I used those fabulous, chip board, letter stickers for the "BEAUTIFUL" title.  I, then, hand cut lots of little clouds... two from yellow cardstock and two from purple, polka dot, patterned paper, by Frances Meyer, and adhered them to the page.  I white embossed a little edge around the yellow clouds, just to give them a more puffy, soft appearance.  I, then, machine stitched a purple threaded, straight stitch around the edges of the yellow cardstock text box, to mimic the vellum, and adhered it in the bottom right of the layout, overlapping the vellum.  The text was written in Basic Black ink and reads, Your Aunt Courtney made this sweet hat for you.  It kept you warm all winter, and everywhere you went, people commented on how cute you looked and how lucky you were.  Finally, I stamped butterflies, in Yoyo Yellow and Lavender Lace ink, on white cardstock; water colored them in the same inks; added a little gelly rolling detail for shimmer and shine; and adhered them, just at their middles, with Tombo, Mono, Multi, liquid glue.  A few dimensionals will give a little lift to the butterflies' wings when pressed in Adina's baby album.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I love that page!