Mojo Monday Week 111

Friday, November 6, 2009

Well, it's super busy around here, with all the party preparations I've got to do for Adina's, first, birthday party tomorrow, but I wanted to take a minute to post a card I made for my brother-in-law's birthday.  I used another Mojo Monday sketch for this one.

My interpretation is pretty literal.  I really loved the simplicity of this design.

I started with that fun polka dot, patterned paper, by My Mind's Eye, and trimmed it with an olive, cardstock rectangle across the right side.  I, then, edged the olive cardstock with a white-threaded, straight, machine stitch and adhered the finished layer onto the white, cardstock, card base.  The partial "U" sentiment was stamped in Old Olive ink; glittered; hand cut out; and adhered, with dimensionals, to the orange and white cardstock frame.  I, then, stamped the rest of the "CeLeBrAte" sentiment, using Only Orange ink, alongside the "U", on the orange portion of the frame.  The stripey, star sticker came from an old Simply Scrappin' Kit by Stampin' Up.  I stuck it to another piece of olive cardstock; trimmed around its edges, leaving a little frame to finish it off; and adhered it to the top left side of the sentiment.  I, then, adhered a clear, square button, which I laced with blue, embroidery floss and embossed, in little dots and stars, with white, embossing powder, to the star's center.  Finally, a few Pumpkin Pie brads, from Stampin' Up, were added to finish off the sketch.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!