Mojo Monday Week 112

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I got my mojo on early this week!  Check out this fun sketch! 
I made this card for one of BJ's foremen.  He and his wife just had the adoption of their beautiful, baby girl finalized yesterday!  Congratulations, guys!

I started this card by layering a fun, striped, patterned paper, from Basic Grey's Oh Baby! Boy collection, on the hot pink, card base.  I, then, layered a coordinating, circle/square, pattered paper, from the same Basic Grey collection, on a smaller, rectangular piece of hot pink cardstock and machine stitched a purple-threaded, straight stitch around its edges.  I traced a scalloped circle over the far left side; hand cut my tracing, to mimic the sentiment; folded it over; punched it, with Stampin' Up's old, Single Rectangle punch; and laced it with a pretty, striped, cream ribbon tied in a bow.  It was, then, adhered above the babies rectangle.  This rectangle was made from cream cardstock; stamped with the baby images in Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink; water colored in shades of Lavendar Lace, Brocade Blue, Pink Passion, Green Galore, Pumpkin Pie, Yoyo Yellow, Blush Blossom, and Pretty in Pink inks; and machine stitched, with a purple-threaded, straight stitch, around its edges.  I clear embossed the "CoNGRaTS!" sentiment on deep purple cardstock; punched it out with Stampin' Up's Scallop Circle punch; and adhered it, just above the babies and over the circle/square, patterned paper, with dimensionals.  A little glitter, for the star, in the sentiment, and the baby's tears, in the far left image, complete the look.

2 comments:

Butternut Sage Designs said...

I love this as a baby card so dang cute!

scrappyhour said...

What a fun baby card! Really adorable.