New Heartland

Monday, November 2, 2009

I didn't get a chance to tell you about our first Sunday in the new building yesterday.  In case you haven't been following, Heartland Community Church just moved, from 83rd and Lamar Ave., to Strang Line Road in Olathe.  We didn't get to sit in on the service, so we'll have to listen to the online podcast soon; but from our perspective, in our, little, four-year-old's classroom, things were crazy!  We went from a classroom of six kiddos to 18 in one Sunday!  They did so great, though, and were so excited to play with all the new toys, meet new friends, and listen to the story in the new Kidatorium... or so our story time room is called.  I did get a few pictures of our classroom, after we cleaned up and the kiddos were on their way home.  It was too busy to capture them before.



That open, tan door, to the right of this picture, is our Jack-and-Jill bathroom... soooo much easier than tromping off to the bathroom with several kids in tow!

I love this little pass-through, between our classroom and the next even more, now that we've taught a Sunday.  It's a great way to stay in contact with other teachers, while the kiddos are playing, if we weren't playing, too, that is :).  Plus, if we ran out of anything, and our coaches weren't available, this would be an easy way to share.

Ezekiel was thrilled to see his picture, on the wall, in the Great Beginnings hallway!

We had no idea his silly picture got to be part of the mural!  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, when I saw it.  It just made this new building seem that much less unfamiliar to me... more like home!  We're looking forward to getting to know things even better, through our attendance and service at Heartland, within this new community.  It's exciting to think about what the future may hold!

Before I take off today, I wanted to share a new, scrapbook page I put together for Adina's, baby album.  I used a sketch from Pencil Lines for inspiration.

I prefer to work with 12" x 12" layouts, so I changed up the dimensions a bit and added a few more photos; but all in all, I found working with a pre-made layout challenging and inspirational.  It made me think outside the box and try things that I ordinarily wouldn't try.  Here's what I came up with.

There's those pretty, fabric flowers again!  This time, I left off the center buttons and added a few, ribbon leaves... just as pretty as the time I used them in my Tidbits post.  They were sewn on my machine and hand stitched for added detail.  I, then, began putting together my layout, starting with that gorgeous, background paper by Paper Studio.  I layered on a piece of Almost Amethyst cardstock, punched, with Stampin' Up's Scallop punch, and clear embossed, with polka dots, across the bottom edge.  On top of that, I added Certainly Celery cardstock. I, then, attached the pictures in a square pattern and adhered the "PLAY" sentiment above the flower embellishments.  I, honestly, can't remember who made those awesome, sticky, chipboard letters.  I wish that I'd saved the packaging, because they're fabulous!  I do know that they were purchased at Archiver's.  Finally, I added a little text rectangle, over the polka dots and below the photographs, to remind me how cute Adina was at 7-1/2 months, when she's 13!

No comments: