Not Much New

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Not too much new is going on around here.  We're just finishing up our last week of homeschool before Thanksgiving break.  We are so ready for a little downtime and are looking forward to throwing our school schedule out the window.  I still cannot believe next Thursday is Thanksgiving!  Am I the only one who didn't realize that it was next week?!  I've got so much to do!

Adina, recently, found a new use for her birthday drum...

and discovered my Tupperware cabinet.

She's getting more and more brave about taking steps on her own, too.  I've got to capture the look on her face, when she does so, just to show you.  She looks so proud of herself and, often, gives herself a big clap.  Amidst all the excitement, her molars have decided to make an appearance.  Ugh!  This too shall pass... Right?!

Unfortunately, I haven't been too papercrafty lately.  I'm in desperate need of cardstock.  I was able to put through a small order, just for the basics, to Stampin' Up last night.  I cannot wait to find that package by my front door!  Oh!  What a happy day that will be!  I did, however, put together this week's Pencil Lines sketch 161 to show you.  It comes from Pencil Lines' founder Anna Bowkis.

Here's what I came up with.

The foundation for this layout was created by joining the fun, water words, patterned paper, by Paper Studio, with a random, two-sided, solid, blue paper from my stash.  I joined the two, right down the center, with a white-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitch.  I, then, layered that cute, polka dot, patterned paper, by Creative Imaginations, vertically near the bottom of the layout.  It, too, was secured with white-threaded, machine stitching; but this time, I mixed it up a bit and switched my machine back and forth between a zig-zag and straight stitch.  I'm loving it!  I think I'll be trying this technique out on several, more, paper projects.  The partial, "SPLASH," dimensional, sticker title is from Jolee's Boutique by EK Success.  I, carefully, removed the silver studding from the "S" in the title; adhered a K&Company tag, on which I wrote the rest of the "Slip 'N Slide" title in Tempting Turquoise ink, next to the "S" with dimensionals; and replaced the silver stud right over the tag's ribbon hole.  I like how it connects the two completely separate embellishments to create one, cohesive title.  After adhering and name labeling all the fun, 2-1/2" square pictures, of Ezekiel's, 6th birthday party guests heading down the slip 'n slide, I added a few, glitter splashes above Ezekiel's, prominent, 4x5-1/2" photo.  They were made with the help of my George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge.  I used the quotation marks key and cut several different sizes from teal cardstock.  The bottom of the marks came out very square, so I rounded them to a point, by hand, and glittered them with K&Company, turquoise glitter.  Because it was simply too crowded to fit all the party guests' photos on this one layout, the lone, K&Company, dome sticker, near the top of the layout, helps connect it to the other side.


I used all the same paper, stitching, glitter splashes, dome stickers, name labeling, and picture sizes for this side.  The only new element you'll find is the K&Company, text tab, on the center picture, which says, Look Out!

Ezekiel was just thrilled to see this layout!  It is so fun to see all his party guests', slip 'n slide pictures (except for one of my neice's... We couldn't convince her to join in the fun.) in one place.

No comments: