Party Time

Monday, November 9, 2009

We spent all weekend partying it up at my parent's house.  All of my side of the family and the portion of BJ's that doesn't live out of state came to help Adina celebrate her first birthday.  I had so much fun preparing her pumpkin-themed party!  I started with the invitations I revealed in my My Colorado Home post.  Next, Ezekiel and I made little, pumpkin, party favors for all the cousins.

They were made by decoupaging baby food jars with orange tissue paper.  You know that I couldn't leave them alone, what with my love for glitter and all; so, I covered them in craft glitter, while they were still wet.  We, then, tied green rafia, to which we attached little, name tags, around the rims; and stuffed them with all kinds of goodies, including Candy Corn and Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses and Reeses Pieces.  When the goodies are gone, they look super cute all lit up with a tealight candle.

Then, I made these cute, little, cupcake toppers.

I punched the background scallops from Old Olive cardstock, using Stampin' Up's Scallop Circle punch.  I, then, cut little pumpkins, using my Speaking of Fall Cricut cartridge, from Pumpkin Pie cardstock.  Again, you know I had to glitter at least a few :).  I was careful to glue the pumpkins down, using Tombo, Mono, Multi, liquid glue, only at the roundest part and stem.  I love how the leaves are floating free.  It gives the embellishments such great dimension, too!  I, then, sandwiched a toothpick between two, pre-made embellishments and tied that gorgeous, Hobby Lobby, ribbon purchase, in a little bow, just below.

Here I am adding them to the Pumpkin Cupcakes, with Cream Cheese Frosting, at Mom and Dad's house.

Here are the cupcakes looking so sweet and tasty...

and here's my daughter enjoying every last bite, after the tasty dinner, of Ziti, Homemade Garlic Bread, and salad, I made for everyone.

A few orange, green, and white balloons and steamers added just the right amount of party atmosphere; and of course, the cousins made the partying extra fun!

Here are a few more of my favorite, party pictures.

In this first one, Adina was so excited over a beautiful mirror Grandpa Green made for her first Christmas dresser!

I just love this picture of my Mom and sister, Jamie, just relaxing and enjoying themselves and this one of my brother, Jason, and my niece, Jenna, hugging on one another.

Here's one of Adina, after she's had her post-cupcake bath, playing with the drum set BJ and I got her.  She just loves to play the drums!


This one is Adina playing with Great Grandpa Green and her new shape and sort blender from Uncle Jason.  Finally, here's BJ taking a closer look at a fun book from Aunt Jamie and her family.

We also found a little time to play Bocce Ball...

and fish in the pond.

It was such a fun weekend!  I know she won't remember it, but I look forward to one day telling her all about it, while thumbing through her first year of life scrapbook.

Happy first birthday, Adina!  I love you with my whole heart!

No comments: