- got family pictures taken and ordered.
- did a little shopping... very little... mostly online... none of that Black Friday stuff for me... no, thank you :).
- taught Sunday School.
- finished cleaning up the leaves in the yard.
- picked out a pretty, Douglas Fir, Christmas tree.
- decorated the house for the Christmas season, including the new, Christmas tree and each of the kids' trees for their rooms.
- washed the clothes.
- vacuumed the carpets.
Here's what I came up with.
All the paper you see here, with the exception of the cardstock, came from Nana's Nursery by DCWV. I just love this gorgeous paper! It's difficult to tell from the picture, but it has lots of shimmer and shine. I balanced all the patterned paper with a little, ivory cardstock, trimmed with Stampin' Up's Scallop Edge punch, and some frilly, pink, Hobby Lobby trimming. I used my George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge to cut the Pretty in Pink, cardstock brackets. The "happy" title is a sticker from Pebbles. I just stuck it to some, Certainly Celery cardstock; punched it out with Stampin' Up's Scallop Circle punch; and adhered it, above the ivory, cardstock, journal box, with dimensionals. The journal box reads, You were so happy to discover that your legs were strong enough to lift you to undiscovered territories. Oh, what fabulous adventures await that gorgeous smile! 8.31.09. The last, little embellishment I added, in the upper, right corner, was a couple green and pink buttons, layered on top of one another and threaded with ivory, embroidery floss tied in a bow.
Enjoy the last few hours of your Thanksgiving, holiday weekend!