So Thankful

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

For school, last week, Ezekiel wrote a list of ten things he's super thankful for, and I wanted to share it with you all.
  1. A house
  2. My dogs
  3. My Mom, Dad, and Sis
  4. The food we eat
  5. School
  6. Jesus
  7. My Pooh Bear
  8. My swimming pool (a little, plastic one that we fill up with the garden house... Aah!)
  9. My church
  10. The Bible
He, also, made this cute, little turkey, with construction paper, google eyes, and a small, paper cup, that I couldn't help showing you.

So, I thought that I'd make a list of my own.  There are so very many things that I am overwhelming thankful for, but these make my top ten, in no particular order.
  1. Salvation, grace, and unconditional love given to me by my Savior
  2. My family... my faithful, loving husband, BJ; my helpful, trustworthy six-year-old, Ezekiel; my happy, outgoing one-year-old, Adina; and all those we're blessed enough to call mom, dad, sister, brother, grandpa, grandma, aunt, uncle, and cousin
  3. Our health
  4. A cozy, little house to call our own
  5. Getting to live in the U.S.A.
  6. BJ's job and all the benefits it blesses our family with
  7. Our constant, loving friends, including all my cyber buddies
  8. My children's education, as well as my own, and the opportunity to homeschool them
  9. My papercrafting hobby, and on that same note, my lofty, craft space, in our home
  10. The Word of God, and the direction it gives my daily walk with Him
I couldn't post today without leaving you with a little, Thanksgiving card.

I started by stamping leaves and dots, in Moonlight White, Brilliance, archival, pigment ink, on an Old Olive, cardstock, card base.  I, then, trimmed the far, right edge with Pumpkin Pie cardstock, punched, along its right edge, with Stampin' Up's Scallop Edge punch.  The left edge, of the card base, was embellished with a Stampin' Up, Pumpkin Pie ribbon tied in a bow.  I, then, stamped the window image, as well as, the pumpkin image, separately, in Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink, on white cardstock; watercolored each image in shades of Bashful Blue, Old Olive, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Perfect Plum, and Close to Cocoa; and hand cut them out.  The window image was embellished with an olive gemstone and adhered to the card front, under the clear embossed "so thankful for you" sentiment, with dimensionals.  The fruit and vegetable image was, also, adhered, in the lower window opening, with dimensionals.  Finally, the grapes were given a hint of shine with Crystal Effects, clear, craft lacquer.

This card is for my parents, whom we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving with this year.  Then, we'll be off to BJ's parents' for Christmas.  We swap back-and-forth every year.  It really stinks, especially when they live so close to one another!  Matter of fact, one Sunday, after church, Ezekiel came home with a "fridge door" (paper telling what they learned about that day and giving ways for parents to further enhance that learning) instructing him to ask his parents what one of the hardest decisions they ever had to make was.  I've had to make a lot of difficult decisions in my short :) life, but I don't think too many have been more heart-wrenching than our decision to celebrate with one family for each of the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.  It's so hard not to get to see everyone, but it seems to create peace, between the two families, and sanity and enjoyment for our holiday celebrations.

Oh, and look what we found, on our doorstep, this morning!


That's broccoli, green peppers, celery, green onions, bananas, nuts, green beans, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and oranges from my in-laws!  They came through KC, early this morning, on their way to Indiana to celebrate Thanksgiving with BJ's brother and sister-in-law.  Just another, great reason to be thankful!  Thank you so much, Ron and Ellen!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

1 comment:

Lynnette said...

Praise the Lord for all the blessings He bestows on us. Thank you for your post. We truly have so much to be thankful for. Have a blessed weekend.