Something for Your Sweet Tooth

Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm still trying to recover from my Oh, My Goodness! surprise yesterday AND find places to put everything!  It's a fabulous problem to have.  What fun!

So, I was visiting the Bakerella blog, earlier this week, and wanted to show you what she made in honor of Tuesday having been Sesame Street's 40th anniversary.

Aren't those just the cutest, little, cake pops you've ever seen?!  I got to thinking that they'd be so fun stuck in the top of a big scoop of ice-cream, in lieu of a slice of traditional, birthday cake.  Then, I came across Parenting's article entitled 31 Awesome Birthday Cake Designs.  They have some of the funnest, little, birthday cake ideas... maybe the cake pops could be party favors?!  Here are a few of my favorites.


This shark was Ezekiel's favorite!  I also really like these last two, what with my love for cupcakes and all!


Aren't those just so fun?!  They put Ezekiel's, 6th, dinosaur, birthday cake, that I labored over, to shame!
Oh, well!  I'm still proud of it.  I'm not a cake decorator or anything... just an ordinary mommy, trying to make her son's birthday memorable.  I think it was :).

I have another Pencil Lines sketch for you this week.  It is brought to us by Kathie Link from Adelaide, Australia.

I'm having so much fun with these!  I figure that, if I can try to do one every week, maybe one of these days, I'll get caught up again :).  A girl can dream... right?!  Here's what I came up with.

I started by layering Stampin' Up's, striped, olive, patterned paper on a 12" x 12" piece of Old Olive cardstock.  On top of that, I layered Basic Grey's Mellow, tree paper (I'd love a whole stack of that gorgeous paper!) and a strip of Ruby Red cardstock, punched, along the long sides, with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch.  The tab, attached to the top, right side of the photograph, was punched, from Ruby Red cardstock, using Stampin' Up's Round Tab punch and labeled with the date of our outting, 9.27.08.  The letters from the "apple picking" title are die-cuts from Basic Grey's Mellow line, as well.  A subtle few, Old Olive brads; red-threaded, hand stitches; and pretty, red and white checkered, Hobby Lobby ribbon finish the look.

I couldn't stop there, though.  I had a whole slew of pictures from this day trip, to the orchard, last year; so, I continued on with the same paper, brads, hand stitching, ribbon, punching, etc. for the rest of my layouts.


I rounded the bottom corners of the text box, as well as, the top corners of the photograph above it, using Stampin' Up's Corner Rounder punch.  The text box was, then, clear embossed with the "memories" title (A stamp which came from my K&Company angel yesterday... Yea!) and reads, This was our first of what's sure to become many trips to the orchard.

That cute, little, apple button is new to this layout.  It came from a mix of old buttons I purchased at Hobby Lobby.  You'll see another, just like it, in the final layout to come.  I just love the perspective BJ captured in that top photograph!  The text to the right of it says, almost 8 mo. preggo with Adina; and the text below the picture of BJ, with our spoils, reads, where apple butter comes from.  Hee!  Hee!  I cannot think of apples without apple butter :).

This final layout doesn't use any new goodies.  It's just filled with some great pictures of my, handsome boys having fun on the playground.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by today!  It means so much to me!  Be blessed!

No comments: