A Busy Monday

Monday, December 7, 2009

Oh, my goodness!  What a busy day it has been!  Aside from completing another day of homeschool, changing all the bed sheets, doing all the laundry, and making a yummy dinner of 3-Bean Chili and sweet, corn bread, I made this cute, little, bookshelf skirt to hide some of our homeschool supplies.

I've been wanting to do this for so long, but it was just getting around to finding the time to do so.  I used leftover material from the making of the kids' playroom window bench and curtains.


That was done over four years ago, now; but I was still hanging on to that fun, coordinating, frog and polka dot fabric.  It's held up pretty well, too, aside from a little fading and fraying, along the cording,  where our Mickey mouse chewed on it.  (He has since passed away.)  Next go around, I'd like to try an indoor, Sunbrella print.  Unfortunately, it's pricey, and there aren't as many options for kid prints; but I think that I could make one of these stripes work...



especially, with a combination of some of these solids.


I, also, might be able to put together something cute using this print.

There's lots to think about, but I've got plenty of time to do just that.  I'm in no hurry.

I, also, couldn't resist baking a batch of Molasses Crinkles this afternoon.  They've been calling my name for weeks.

BJ's, too :)!  Yum!  Now, I've got a messy kitchen calling my name.  Hope you have a fabulous week!

No comments: