Christmas Gifts Reveal, Day 1

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I coined this Christmas a "Monogram Christmas" and made monogrammed gifts for everyone.  For the sake of time and boring you all to death, I'm going to reveal all of them to you over the next three days.  I'll start with the card packs I made for BJ's side of the family.  All the cards are blank on the inside; packaged, with envelopes, in clear, plastic bags; and secured with matching ribbons.  This first set, of five, went to his parents.


I started this card with Amy Butler's Belle Henna Paisley Lime card kit, from K&Company; layered on the coordinating, striped, patterned paper, from my stash; and joined the two with a light-aqua-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitch.  To pull out the light blue in the original, paisley, patterned card, I stamped a Bashful Blue "N", for Newlin, on the card kit frame and adhered it, to the card face, with dimensionals.  I, then, strung a Certainly Celery, grosgrain ribbon behind the frame and over the top of the card; cut a v-shape in the end of it; and gathered it, below the frame, with light aqua, embroidery floss, laced through a light aqua, Paper Studio button and tied in a bow.

This next set was made for BJ's sister.


I started this card by joining the light aqua and kraft-colored, polka dot, patterned papers, from K&Company, with another, light-aqua-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitch.  I, then, punched the bottom of the kraft-colored, patterned paper with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch.  After adhering the two to the Chocolate Chip, cardstock, card base, I wrapped a sheer, aqua, Hobby Lobby, ribbon purchase around it's center, just above the stitching, and tied it in a bow to the left side of the card face.  I, then, cut an "h", for Hannah, from Close to Cocoa cardstock, with my Mickey Font Cricut cartridge; glittered it with copper-colored glitter; and adhered it, with dimensionals, to the right side of the card face above the ribbon.

I had the idea for this next set rolling around in my head for weeks, before I got them made.  I'm, honestly, not sure if they'll be appreciated for all the time that went into them, but what can you expect when you're giving stationary to a guy?  This set was for BJ's youngest brother.


I started this set by joining, yet again, two, patterned papers (The bottom one is from Daisy D's Moda Fabrics, and the upper one is from my stash.) with a white-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitch.  I, then, adhered them to the left side of the Certainly Celery, cardstock, card face.  White string was wrapped around the top half of the card face and tied in a bow to the left side of the card.  The "P", for Philip, was stamped, in VersaMark ink, strategically, to appear as though it were being hauled by the truck and clear embossed.  The truck was stamped in Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink, on white cardstock, and water colored in shades of Certainly Celery, Basic Black, and Bordering Blue.  It was, then, hand cut out and adhered, with dimensionals, below and over portions of the "P".  Finally, a little corner rounding, for the upper, right corner, gave it the perfect finishing touch.

The final card set, that I have for you today, was made for BJ's younger brother and our sister-in-law.  If you asked them, all of BJ's family members would say that green or blue was their favorite color, thus the similar color schemes above; but I decided to change it up a bit, with this last set, and lean more towards my sister-in-law's favorite colors, especially, since she'll most likely be the one using them.


This card was started by adhering a strip of white cardstock, punched, across the bottom, with Stampin' Up's Scallop punch, to a brown and pink, striped, patterned paper from my stash.  I, then, machine stitched a white-threaded, straight stitch around the edges of the patterned paper and adhered the two to the bottom half of the Chocolate Chip, cardstock, card face.  In the center of the card face, above the patterned paper, I clear embossed an "n", for Newlin, and framed it with a Best Occasions, chipboard frame, which I glued coordinating, patterned paper to; sanded the edges of; wrapped with a pink, silky ribbon, which, also, wound it's way around the card face and was tied in a knot; and secured with mini glue dots.

The above cards were each paired with a jar of our homemade apple butter, dressed just like the ones here, which were given to BJ's co-workers and our neighbors...

as well as, a jar of our homemade salsa.

We enjoyed getting to see the recipients faces and hear all the oo's and ah's, when they opened their gifts on Saturday.  Here's the whole, motley crew (from left to right on the couch and in front of it... BJ's dad, BJ's mom, BJ's brother Peter, BJ, BJ's youngest brother Philip, BJ's sister Hannah, our sister-in-law and Peter's wife Courtney, Ezekiel, me, and Adina)...

and a couple of my favorite pictures.

I just love this picture of Courtney and Peter...

and here's one of the ladies and Ezekiel just being silly.  I think too many cameras were being used at the same time, since everyone is looking in a different direction.  Hee!  Hee!

Hope to see you all back here tomorrow for my "Christmas Gifts Reveal, Day 2" post.

No comments: